Francisco Santos da Silva Junior (Junior to his mates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, the mighty Google leads me to some facts, some questions and some conclusions:
http://serbenfiquista.com/forum/index.php?topic=44793.0

1) He's not 5'3 ("At least 1.73, according to Benfica fans)
2) He's... ****, to put it bluntly

3) Has Junior actually played more than 2 games for city? Some reports have him playing games for their academy (normally he would be too old, anyway), but a cursory glance at some match reports don't seem to have anyone with a similar name. And he's definitely not been part of their reserves.
4) Does "released by Benfica at 19, having never played for a senior team" and "released by City after 6 months" really scream that "highly rated" to journalists? He's also never played for the Portuguese U21s, but he has 2 caps for the U19s.

5) We seem to be signing Portuguese players (or at least players with Portuguese agents) at the rate of one per year, which seems rather constant to be a coincidence.

That's to make Joao Moutinho feel at home when he joins in a year or two.

So yeah, the mighty Google leads me to some facts, some questions and some conclusions:
http://serbenfiquista.com/forum/index.php?topic=44793.0

1) He's not 5'3 ("At least 1.73, according to Benfica fans)
2) He's... ****, to put it bluntly

3) Has Junior actually played more than 2 games for city? Some reports have him playing games for their academy (normally he would be too old, anyway), but a cursory glance at some match reports don't seem to have anyone with a similar name. And he's definitely not been part of their reserves.
4) Does "released by Benfica at 19, having never played for a senior team" and "released by City after 6 months" really scream that "highly rated" to journalists? He's also never played for the Portuguese U21s, but he has 2 caps for the U19s.

5) We seem to be signing Portuguese players (or at least players with Portuguese agents) at the rate of one per year, which seems rather constant to be a coincidence.

Doesnt Nuno scout for us!

I want to know his real height. I don't believe he's 5'3 as that's just ludicrously small.

I'm more concerned by the fact that he's actually Marlo from The Wire.

MarloWire460.jpg

efc__1329224842_FJ_590.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back