Francisco Santos da Silva Junior (Junior to his mates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Saying someone's a box to box midfielder is as useful as saying someone's a one box keeper. They might be, but it doesn't really help you isolate their strengths.

I think really it's just another way of saying 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

Lads! He only said that cos I asked if he was a holding midfield player, he was just saying that he is useful going forward too.

I disagree.

Yaya Toure. The perfect examble of a box to box midfielder. You couldn't describe him as "master of none" really.

Lads! He only said that cos I asked if he was a holding midfield player, he was just saying that he is useful going forward too.

Yeah wasn't having a go like. Just echoing Brennan on the wider point.

I disagree.

Yaya Toure. The perfect examble of a box to box midfielder. You couldn't describe him as "master of none" really.

I didn't mean every box to box midfielder was a master of none. I just meant that I think people often give that label to midfielders who can do everything to a decent degree but nothing very well.

Although I would actually say Yaya Toure isn't THAT good at anything in particular to be honest. He's a great player on the whole but I wouldn't say he's a master tackler, or passer, or striker.

He's the best player in the Premier League for me. Well, him or Kompany. You don't get to be that good without being pretty ace at everything.

To be fair, I've waded in halfway through an argument without actually reading it and started reeling off nonsense so I'm gonna shush now and retreat to the ale house.

Sorry ffs lids x

He's the best player in the Premier League for me. Well, him or Kompany. You don't get to be that good without being pretty ace at everything.

[video=youtube;-JoCkYYfS6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoCkYYfS6I[/video]

This lad's been playing well in pre-season and scored a cracker aswell, would be nice to see him break into the first team this year

I think really it's just another way of saying 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

This is a curiously British expression. Some folk can't grasp the concept of being multi-talented. As many people have no talent in anything whatsoever, the very idea that someone could excel in many areas makes them physically ill.

FRANCISCO JUNIOR is playing himself into David Moyes’ Premier League plans for the coming season.

The young Portuguese midfielder, snapped up on a free transfer last season, has enjoyed a promising start to Everton’s pre-season campaign.

And after another impressive 45-minute cameo at Motherwell on Saturday, Blues boss Moyes said: “I think by the way he’s playing at the moment, yes, he’s got a good chance of being involved in my plans for next season.

“I think pre-season he’s probably looked as good as anybody.

“Of course it’s a different ball game pre-season to the real thing so we won’t be kidded, but he’s not looked out of place that’s for sure.

“He’s very good on the ball.â€￾

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back