Francisco Santos da Silva Junior (Junior to his mates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;Oai1V7kaFBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk[/video]

It's Sisqo with a 's' anyway.

This boy will have a career with us, look's a very good player, very good on the ball, quick, good going forward and good going back, impressed me how good he is at interceptions, and he certainly isnt scared of tackling and going in, hoping to see him in a few cup games this season, think he will be on the bench / come off of the bench alot this season too.

Thats the type of player he is though, it's hardly stupid unless you don't understand it, he plays defensively, or attackingly depending on what the team is, and where on the pitch he is, he likes to get involved at both ends, he keeps the ball well, and has a good passing range, he is strong in the tackle and good at intercepting / covering for other players.

Thats the type of player he is though, it's hardly stupid unless you don't understand it, he plays defensively, or attackingly depending on what the team is, and where on the pitch he is, he likes to get involved at both ends, he keeps the ball well, and has a good passing range, he is strong in the tackle and good at intercepting / covering for other players.

How many central midfielders in the top half of the premier league nowadays are not expected to be able to:

- Get involved at both ends
- Keep the ball well
- Be strong in the tackle
- Be strong defensively
- Have a good passing range

I understand what the term 'means', i just don't think it's very descriptive or helpful in understanding the type of player Junior is.

How many central midfielders in the top half of the premier league nowadays are not expected to be able to:

- Get involved at both ends
- Keep the ball well
- Be strong in the tackle
- Be strong defensively
- Have a good passing range

I understand what the term 'means', i just don't think it's very descriptive or helpful in understanding the type of player Junior is.

Exactly. Saying someone's a box to box midfielder is as useful as saying someone's a one box keeper. They might be, but it doesn't really help you isolate their strengths.

I think really it's just another way of saying 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back