Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he was hugely underwhelming at Chelsea - Tuchel absolutely transformed that team’s fortunes.

I know we’re not Chelsea, but honestly I’d bite your hand off for anything close to that win percentage for the rest of the season.
Exactly. Priority right now is survival, then start afresh in August, some new signings, and time to instil a new playing style.

Before sacking him in December, obviously.

Yeah, he was hugely underwhelming at Chelsea - Tuchel absolutely transformed that team’s fortunes.

I know we’re not Chelsea, but honestly I’d bite your hand off for anything close to that win percentage for the rest of the season.
I mean, lampard was doing decent and had a bad patch of 5/6 matches. In that 2nd season, they had lost 6 of 29 matches they had played at that point.

They were what, 11 points behind 1st, 19 league games in but down in 9th. This season, they are 13 points behind first, after 23 games but only in 3rd.

Context is important. He had a good first season with a disrupted end and then a covid battered 2nd season where lots of teams found it challenging to adapt.

Frankly if I remember right, got Chelsea into the CL and FA Cup final during a year long transfer ban.

That transfer ban was tricky to manage, haven’t seen many mention it.
I bring it up every time someone says how badly they think lampard did. Theres a lot of important context with his time at Chelsea and thats why I ultimately think he did very well.

For those against Lamaprd, when I break down the argument, the main point seems to be because he's not as good as Tuchel. And that to me is a ridiculous argument. If Tuchel is our standard then we should get used to being managerless because no one of that calibre is coming here.

Most of them managers bar Sarri, hiddink and Conte managed Chelsea 10 to 20yrs ago.when they would have been in the 2 biggest spenders most seasons.

Hiddink and Sarri done slightly better. And considering lampard lost his best player Hazard, who the season before was involved in 55% of all Chelsea’s goals. And he couldn’t buy anyone.

That list says Grant is better than Conte and Jose and Ancelotti

I bring it up every time someone says how badly they think lampard did. Theres a lot of important context with his time at Chelsea and thats why I ultimately think he did very well.

For those against Lamaprd, when I break down the argument, the main point seems to be because he's not as good as Tuchel. And that to me is a ridiculous argument. If Tuchel is our standard then we should get used to being managerless because no one of that calibre is coming here.

Tuchel is probably the best manager in the world for me presently.

Never knew the summer after the ban, Lampard didn’t pick any of the players they signed for 250 mill.

Weird that he carried the can when that didn’t work out, she’s a cruel mistress that manager gig.

Just so people can get a bit of perspective. This was Lampards bad run of results that got him sacked. Prior to playing us, they were unbeaten in 17 (aside from drawing in the cup but losing on penalties). They had 6 games in 22 games over the Xmas period.

He got sacked after Luton.

Screenshot_20220127-213218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tuchel is probably the best manager in the world for me presently.

Never knew the summer after the ban, Lampard didn’t pick any more f the players they signed for 250 mill.

Weird that carried the can when that didn’t work out, she’s a cruel mistress that Chelsea.
A lot of those players took quite a while to settle and Tuchel benefitted from not being there during the teething problems. Tuchel also immediately asked for Lukaku as an upgrade on Werner.

Another piece of interesting context.... Tuchel is currently more points off the top than Frank was when he was sacked.

Just so people can get a bit of perspective. This was Lampards bad run of results that got him sacked. Prior to playing us, they were unbeaten in 17 (aside from drawing in the cup but losing on penalties). They had 6 games in 22 games over the Xmas period.

He got sacked after Luton.

View attachment 153771
He did flipping well there given the circumstances.

Think it was mentioned earlier. Rudiger wasnt fancied by lampard and had one foot out the door. He's arguably been the best player under Tuchel. That might be a German thing who knows. One player doesnt make you a good or bad manager but i thought they were very open under lampard.
I'd feel for not only lampard but anyone coming here and having the likes of kean godfrey holgate etc. We havent a clean sheet in us.

A lot of those players took quite a while to settle and Tuchel benefitted from not being there during the teething problems. Tuchel also immediately asked for Lukaku as an upgrade on Werner.

Another piece of interesting context.... Tuchel is currently more points off the top than Frank was when he was sacked.

Similar run as well. Chelsea have a poor return from the last 10-12 Prem games.

Status
Not open for further replies.