Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, lampard was doing decent and had a bad patch of 5/6 matches. In that 2nd season, they had lost 6 of 29 matches they had played at that point.

They were what, 11 points behind 1st, 19 league games in but down in 9th. This season, they are 13 points behind first, after 23 games but only in 3rd.

Context is important. He had a good first season with a disrupted end and then a covid battered 2nd season where lots of teams found it challenging to adapt.
Sure. The contrast was how they took off like a rocket when Tuchel came in. To the point that I was convinced they were going to win the league this season up until a couple of months ago.

But really, beggars can’t be choosers. A fraction of his Chelsea performance would do me. Enough to steer us clear.

A lot of those players took quite a while to settle and Tuchel benefitted from not being there during the teething problems. Tuchel also immediately asked for Lukaku as an upgrade on Werner.

Another piece of interesting context.... Tuchel is currently more points off the top than Frank was when he was sacked.

Tuchal is the real deal. He’s better then Frankly at the moment, he just is. But Lampard is on a developmental pathway. Chelsea for him was always going to end in tears. I think they are possibly mad enough to bin Tuchal too. But Frankly did them a solid managing them through a transfer ban, keeping the plates spinning, when no one really wanted to touch them.

Chelsea i think got a raw deal over Xmas, with the no of games they played with players out. Maybe to honest for once.

Frankly when ever I listened to him talks a lot of sense about the game, he’s a clever lad. One thing I know and draws me to him is that, he was never the most talented player in the world - he honestly wasn’t, but I don’t think I’ve known such a limited player to maximise their talent through putting sheer work and determination into their development, to become a star. His old man was the same. I’ll take those qualities at the moment, if the options that seem to be there for us at the moment are the options, I’d back Frankly. Give it to him and leave him alone for two years even if we go down.

Last edited:
The sudden love in for Lampard baffles me, the least worst option doesn't make him a good option. If we really wanted him we could've had him in last week.

Sure. The contrast was how they took off like a rocket when Tuchel came in. To the point that I was convinced they were going to win the league this season up until a couple of months ago.

But really, beggars can’t be choosers. A fraction of his Chelsea performance would do me. Enough to steer us clear.

It wasn't sustainable though. They kept winning games off goals from defenders. Once the defenders stopped scoring they've stopped winning.

Tuchal is the real deal. He’s better then Frankly at the moment, he just is. But Lampard is on a developmental pathway. Chelsea for him was always going to end in tears. I think they are possibly mad enough to bin Tuchal too. But Frankly did them a solid managing them through a transfer ban, keeping the plates spinning, when no one really wanted to touch them.

Chelsea i think got a raw deal over Xmas, with the no of games they played with players out. Maybe to honest for once.

Frankly when ever I listened to him talks a lot of sense about the game, he’s a clever lad. One thing I know and draws me to him is that, he was never the most talented player in the world - he honestly wasn’t, but I don’t think I’ve known such a limited player to maximise their talent through sheer work and determination into their development, to become a star. His old man was the same. I’ll take those qualities at the moment, if the options that seem to be there for us at the moment are the options, I’d back Frankly. Give it him and leave him alone for two years even if we go down.
Frankly I agree;)

The sudden love in for Lampard baffles me, the least worst option doesn't make him a good option. If we really wanted him we could've had him in last week.

Not when the boss man has been out of the country throughout all the searching. We've been hanging on for Moshiri's seal of approval and he jets in tommorow.

Bang on half way through the season. Lampard got 29 points from 19.
Tuchel got 38 from 19.

Lampard lost 6 in 29.
Tuchel lost 5 in 30.

So 3 wins difference which is a decent chunk.

But tuchel is considered one of the very best managers in the world, and I think his quality kind of overshadows what Lampard had done for Chelsea as a new manager learning his trade.

I think he has enough about him to keep us up, and start to build something.

Bang on half way through the season. Lampard got 29 points from 19.
Tuchel got 38 from 19.

Lampard lost 6 in 29.
Tuchel lost 5 in 30.

So 3 wins difference which is a decent chunk.

But tuchel is considered one of the very best managers in the world, and I think his quality kind of overshadows what Lampard had done for Chelsea as a new manager learning his trade.
Honestly, I’m here for any positive spin on Lampard. I would of course love him to be a success.

I know he was well regarded at Derby, which I suppose in many ways is more representative of how he’ll do at Everton. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay a lot of attention to his time there!

Lampard is on paper the better of the two, did a good job at Derby but just got the Chelsea job way too soon. Rooney is 3/4 years behind in terms of experience.

I'd be more inclined to go for the likes of Kovac or Farve but then neither have managed in the prem so a different kind of risk.

In short Matty, I haven't got a clue who I want, I can only tell you who I category don't want. I.E. Vitor Pereira haha

ha ha ha i’m with you they’re mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.