Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Walham Green Blue thoughts on Lampard mate?
Obviously I like him, however he’s always been a bit of a prickly character who hasn’t appeared to deal with criticism too stoically. He’s a bit similar to Arteta in that respect. I do think he’s potentially a very good coach though and at the very least would have you on the front foot most of the time, at home anyway, so your possession in the oppo’s third would increase significantly.

Maybe the plan has been to hire Lampard all along?

Moshiri knows that fans will hate whoever he chooses. Pereira might be being used by the club (again). He has had interviews twice before and been rejected, why would it be different this time?

Maybe Lampard has been Moshiri's man all through this.

He got Derby to sixth and Chelsea to fourth but can he handle a relegation fight?

Maybe we should have gone for Woy?

I'll get me coat.

Lampard will know that he is a likely candidate to get the managers role.
He will already have his management team provisionally in place and they will already have watched probably every game we have played this season and maybe last.
I would guess the same is true of Pereira.

They will already have a lot of knowledge about what is wrong and what is needed to make it right.

Frank Lampard is an excellent young manager.

He got Derby County into the top 6 and into the play-off final, where they narrowly lost to Aston Villa.

He also guided Chelsea to the FA Cup final and got them a top 4 finish (at a time when they weren’t allowed to sign anyone) before Abramovich sacked him prematurely. The much lauded Tuchel is only one place above that now after spending a fortune. One other thing to note is that Frank Lampard fought tooth and nail to get Declan Rice from West Ham and the Chelsea board stupidly overruled him. Just look at how Declan Rice has turned out - he’s arguably the best midfielder in the Premier League right now. He’s certainly England’s best player. Recruitment mistakes have been a big problem for us and it seems that Frank knows his stuff in that regard.

I loved the guy as a player. He had a never-say-die attitude and he is Chelsea’s all-time leading goal scorer, which is a stunning achievement given that he was a midfielder. As a player he won everything there is to win at club level, including numerous Premier League titles, so he would immediately command the respect of the dressing room.

Much to the chagrin of most, Big Sam has been spoken of as a possible candidate. Mainly we are in such a perilous position and he has a great track record of keeping problem teams in the Premier League. As we know a loss up at Newcastle (which is highly likely) will take us to within a couple of points of the relegation zone, so we are very much a problem team. I was initially in favour of bringing him back in to do a rescue job, but I have changed my mind. Big Sam would not be a long-term option. He strikes me as a guy who wants to retire to Spain some time soon. He is in his late sixties, after all. And his style of play is dire.

christ

I'm a little befuddled I obviously prefer Frank but if Moshiri picks him is that actual correct choice? As it seems whatever choice Moshiri typically makes is the wrong choice it's a conundrum for sure.
Surely he (Moshiri) has to get it right sometime. Every dog has their day. This could be the time that Moshiri gets it right. Although he might help himself if he would remove our jinx of a chairman.
And our new manager removes our deadwood. Bin them all. We all know the players that need binned. Then Moshiri and Everton might have a fighting chance. Up The Toffees. Moshiris soon to be rejuvenated Toffees...........hopefully.

I still think we need players in even if they announce Lampard today, I am not sure we will have enough time to get anyone in. Some sources are already linking us with Chelsea players Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, I would imagine on loan. As well as Dele Ali from Tottenham. At this point I am not opposed to any of them because we are short on numbers in the middle of the park

I still think we need players in even if they announce Lampard today, I am not sure we will have enough time to get anyone in. Some sources are already linking us with Chelsea players Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, I would imagine on loan. As well as Dele Ali from Tottenham. At this point I am not opposed to any of them because we are short on numbers in the middle of the park

Zero chance of Barkley, one of the first things Lampard did at Chelsea was send him on loan to Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.