Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Ultimately, the blame is laid at Moshiris door. If BK isn't doing his job properly, that's on the person above him to resolve. If he continues to leave him to do it, then that's on him.

Kenwrights fault for our league position then and the god awful football and tactics and subs and game management from the last 6 months?
After he appointed Benitez this is his mess to clean up.

Have to hope he’s already liaising with Chelsea, with a. View of getting a few younger players in in loan, or in the cheap.

Players he knows he’ll be able to rely on.

We can only loan one more player from a premiership team, we already have one on loan from Villa

He knows the league and has never relegated a team. There's two for starters.
Than pereira? Knows our team, knows our players, knows the league, we as a fan base, actually know about him as a player, and as a manager and have seen his style, have seen his approach, have seen the success with younger players.

So he would present as a safer bet than someone who is a known journeyman, hasn't had a top job since 2013, has already come across as a bit of a wild card with his interview for SSN and that the majority of fans won't have a real understanding about as wont have been watching him since his porto days, which was shortly before he failed to get our job the first time round.

I'm not advocating one above the other in anyway, but that's why I would imagine people would prefer lampard. (And like I said earlier, the majority wouldn't actually have either as first choice).

Maybe we can "know" each other to safety. Not sure I buy 'knows the league' or 'gets the team'. Numerous managers are successful at clubs and in leagues where they've previously had no known experience. Often, in fact, it helps - fresh pair of eyes, not encumbered by any kind of historical precedent

Like you @Marius57 I'm not really advocating for either of them, but I do find the tendency to favour one over the other a little disingenuous

I have ADHD, that's my excuse lollol I was actually hoping others had seen it and had a view on it. Whilst also giving others a chance to see what our potential manager says.

But mainly to see if it's worth me watching haha.
We are noting but mice in your laboratory ady sheven

better than vitor
Well actually, statistically speaking, Vitor has a better sample size from which to draw conclusions than Frank. Frank has so little experience of management that any conclusions as to whether he's actually a better manager than someone would have to be heavily caveated due to lack of available data.

Like claiming that one batsman is better than the other because he has a higher average, but he's only had two innings and one was a 2 not out

I have to say none of the prospective managers we have been linked with has really inspired me with confidence. However, if it is Frank Lampard then so be it. This time we need to give him a fighting chance and let him run the football side by himself with no board or owner interference. He should get a clause inserted into his contract stating that he is free to leave and have the remainder of his contract paid up as soon as any board member or the owner instruct him to pick, drop, buy, sell any player.

It's not that I necessarily see either Lampard or Pereira appointments as leading to relegation or lack of success.

It's more that each appointment comes with it's own set of risks. Some of those risks are overlapping with both candidates, namely they don't have a track record of success at this level.

The 1 advantage Lampard may have is his name as a player and whether he can attract players because of this. Gerrard has done this at Villa. Lampard did this at Derby.

Yeah this is true. Straight to the front of queue for all those tasty Chelsea youngsters they're churning out

I honestly thought we would never win anything that night. Was in Paris darting away from the dinner table in a café to ring home for updates!!!! Gut-wrenching!!
I was 14 and over on the north side of Dublin for a Rovers game v Home Farm. Someone had a radio and as I was leaving the ground Devonshire had put West Ham ahead in extra time.

Two buses later I got home to watch the highlights on ITV at 10.30. I didn't know the result so when Latch equalised I went mad.

Lampards bobble goal broke my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.