2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if we stay up or go down he stays for another season. Pointless sacking him imo.
However he has not helped himself at times. If your telling me Ali isn’t good enough to get a role in this side when we are desperate for goals I can’t understand.
Refusal to play Patterson at any point prior to his injury and sticking with Coleman and Kenny who’s mistakes will probably send us down is another one.

Of course it’s not all on him but some decisions have been very questionable and shows his inexperience as a manger. But as I said I’d give him another season in what ever division we find ourselves in.
So, you wanted to take a kid, who was second choice in his position in a league 1 standard league and put him in, when the moral of the team was at rock bottom following the benitez time in charge? Just because Coleman is finished and jjk is not prem league standard, it didn't mean Patterson was ready at the time. We have no idea what he showed in training, prior to his injury.
I imagine Cole and the rest of the coaching team were working overtime with him to get him ready. Same as Myko. Players play if they are good enough. The fact he didn't play, suggests he needed more time.

So, you wanted to take a kid, who was second choice in his position in a league 1 standard league and put him in, when the moral of the team was at rock bottom following the benitez time in charge? Just because Coleman is finished and jjk is not prem league standard, it didn't mean Patterson was ready at the time. We have no idea what he showed in training, prior to his injury.
I imagine Cole and the rest of the coaching team were working overtime with him to get him ready. Same as Myko. Players play if they are good enough. The fact he didn't play, suggests he needed more time.
Well, seeing as the "league 1 standard" league has a finalist in Europe as well, you'd think it's a bit better, but obviously that can't be right as it is Scotland after all.

Also the person he was 2nd string to is currently the top scorer in the EL (and will likely finish in that position), captain of the team and one of the better, if not their best player, who rarely gets injured.

It would appear that Dele Alli is also League 1 standard then, as he's not getting game time either?

Either way, lad is injured now and the previous decisions are already in the past anyway. Coleman has been incredibly costly to us and has cost us points in games where we needed security. Same with JJK. Realistically, if Patterson was available, at absolute worst he'd be as bad as them, but with the chance to improve. He played as a right wingback in a back 5 against Boreham and looked better and more forward-thinking on the ball than most of our team that day. Then Lamps subbed him to go back 4 IIRC.

We have a Ukrainian lad who’s only about 18 months older, who’s family are in a war zone and who doesn’t even speak English doing pretty well… so why not.

We have a Ukrainian lad who’s only about 18 months older, who’s family are in a war zone and who doesn’t even speak English doing pretty well… so why not.
He was a starter inn is position, and pretty sure he was held back a bit, with every man and his son played at LB for a few weeks. Patterson wasnt in the Rangers team.

He was a starter inn is position, and pretty sure he was held back a bit, with every man and his son played at LB for a few weeks. Patterson wasnt in the Rangers team.
But he was starting in the national team and getting MoM performances for them.

Well, seeing as the "league 1 standard" league has a finalist in Europe as well, you'd think it's a bit better, but obviously that can't be right as it is Scotland after all.

Also the person he was 2nd string to is currently the top scorer in the EL (and will likely finish in that position), captain of the team and one of the better, if not their best player, who rarely gets injured.

It would appear that Dele Alli is also League 1 standard then, as he's not getting game time either?

Either way, lad is injured now and the previous decisions are already in the past anyway. Coleman has been incredibly costly to us and has cost us points in games where we needed security. Same with JJK. Realistically, if Patterson was available, at absolute worst he'd be as bad as them, but with the chance to improve. He played as a right wingback in a back 5 against Boreham and looked better and more forward-thinking on the ball than most of our team that day. Then Lamps subbed him to go back 4 IIRC.
What does Alli have to do with it? Other than he must not be showing much in training or he is not right mentally.
As for Patterson. Again, he wasn't a starter for Rangers. Why would you throw him straight in to a relegation battle? Doesn't matter what Rangers have done and what their best player has done. The fact stands he was not a regular starter for his club. What !akes you think he could come straight in and save us from relegation.

What does Alli have to do with it? Other than he must not be showing much in training or he is not right mentally.
As for Patterson. Again, he wasn't a starter for Rangers. Why would you throw him straight in to a relegation battle? Doesn't matter what Rangers have done and what their best player has done. The fact stands he was not a regular starter for his club. What !akes you think he could come straight in and save us from relegation.
I'm explaining why he wasn't a starter - there's a reason Rangers fans didn't want him to be sold.

Alli should be measured the same as a League 1 player by your own standards though, as he's not getting game time for us.

No 1 man should save us from relegation on his own, it's a team game. Also it's the same feeling where I've seen Coleman basically score against us about 20 times this season (as well as costing dearly last year as well) by being absolute piss as a professional footballer. Yeah, I think a kid would do better, definitely. JJK is also piss. Other than that one game where he looked like a footballer and did a Cruyff turn without falling over somehow - he's been at best not a hindrance. Also think a kid will do better.
And one off international matches are the same quality and intensity as the premier League, week in and week out?
And the ukrainian league is now apparently a beast league, seeing as Myko's played 20 games a season? That's why Bernard was a huge success I guess. Oh also Patterson played 10-15 a season for Rangers himself. Oh also - Patterson is 2 years younger.

Also Mykolenko played for one of the most successful and best teams in Ukraine where it's massively easier to appear good. I'm glad he's come good for us too, but it was never a given or a known any more than any young "up and comer" we sign. The Ukraine league is weaker than Scotland btw.

Also at its core - the Scottish game is much closer to the English one, too. Shame you don't watch it, it's quite fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.