2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bloke Frank but very naive.

Who picks Gomes for gods sake?
Agree... but do you want think that the team behind him has a say? surely if it was such a mad decision the like of Clement ( experienced) , Cole ( experienced) Ferguson ( experienced ) and the ex chelsea guy??

I confess I scoffed when I saw the selection but surely someone sees something in training that makes them make the decision. I also struggle and I cannot believe for one minute that he is pig headed to go against his teams decision?

I can only guess, that in training are asked to perform a certain way but fail to carry out the task on the day, that said it was obvious to the whole ground that we needed Allan on which is mystifying ...maybe he was carrying an injury

Agree... but do you want think that the team behind him has a say? surely if it was such a mad decision the like of Clement ( experienced) , Cole ( experienced) Ferguson ( experienced ) and the ex chelsea guy??

I confess I scoffed when I saw the selection but surely someone sees something in training that makes them make the decision. I also struggle and I cannot believe for one minute that he is pig headed to go against his teams decision?

I can only guess, that in training are asked to perform a certain way but fail to carry out the task on the day, that said it was obvious to the whole ground that we needed Allan on which is mystifying ...maybe he was carrying an injury
Yeah I dont think Allan is fully fit, Delph was picked ahead of him.

Hes either injured or spat his dummy out.

I would argue who would you like appointed, we could realistically get?
I think were strong at home again, I think the players are behind him and hes got good staff behind him, imo we cant fully judge until 5-10 games into next season

The old chestnut who would we get . I don't see that as a valid reason to keep someone. I would say the fans have played a huge part in getting us them home wins. His tactics especially away are a disgrace

The old chestnut who would we get . I don't see that as a valid reason to keep someone. I would say the fans have played a huge part in getting us them home wins. His tactics especially away are a disgrace
It is valid if theres no decent option out there, as it'd cost us more money etc at a time when were crying out for some continuity and stability

I think the last few away performances have improved, we shouldve gone for it at Watford, that was a mistake
I just dont think we can wave a magic wand with this group of players, theyve had numerous managers sacked, some of them good managers. They arnt very good, gotta give him the summer & the first 5-10 games of next season minimum to properly judge him

I think if Leeds lost their game just before ours started he'd have gone with a more conservative approach.

IMO he abandoned what had been working for us to get us to that Brentford game and wanted to go for the win by blitzing Brentford.

He should have instructed the team to get back behind the ball and play deeper once the breakthrough was made. We had no need to chase another. Brentford should have been drawn onto us and us hitting them on the break, not the other way around. It left Branthwaite exposed and he committed his calamity.

It's a pattern with FL in games against West Ham, Burnley and now Brentford. You have to manage a relegation threatened team in a responsible way. In those 3 games alone he threw 7 points away.

He's done a lot right, but he's also shown how much he has to learn as a manager when making decisions in-game. He needs composure and to go conservative when needed.

I think if Leeds lost their game just before ours started he'd have gone with a more conservative approach.

IMO he abandoned what had been working for us to get us to that Brentford game and wanted to go for the win by blitzing Brentford.

He should have instructed the team to get back behind the ball and play deeper once the breakthrough was made. We had no need to chase another. Brentford should have been drawn onto us and us hitting them on the break, not the other way around. It left Branthwaite exposed and he committed his calamity.

It's a pattern with FL in games against West Ham, Burnley and now Brentford. You have to manage a relegation threatened team in a responsible way. In those 3 games alone he threw 7 points away.

He's done a lot right, but he's also shown how much he has to learn as a manager when making decisions in-game. He needs composure and to go conservative when needed.
Not so easy to do when the stadium is bouncing and the team have momentum...
But for a shocking ref decision(or lack thereof) it was working perfectly
That loss was never Franks fault tbf

Not so easy to do when the stadium is bouncing and the team have momentum...
But for a shocking ref decision(or lack thereof) it was working perfectly
That loss was never Franks fault tbf
But he's paid to keep his head. He's been in more feverish positions than that.

He should have pulled us back another 20 yards when we took the lead. WTF was he allowing us to pile forward in numbers for?

I agree with this mate, he's a developing manager, who naturally wants to play on the front foot, a lot of Chelsea fans would critique that he had a lot to learn in terms of game management, that's not me being critical just that a i think their is validity in your observation, its a tough gig at the moment though.

But he's paid to keep his head. He's been in more feverish positions than that.

He should pulled us back another 20 yards when we took the lead. WTF was he allowing us to pile forward in numbers for?
That's a fair point... If I remember correctly, because our defense were so high(inside their half) Toney wouldn't have got the march on Brantwaithe without being offside. I think so anyway. I would be inclined to blame Coleman as much for that as Frank though because he should've kept that inexperienced backline back a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.