2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've pointed out the howe at newcastle situation a few times. It took him 9 games and 100m in a transfer window to turn it round. But he was hired when they had enough time to allow him to do that. But there was no new manager bounce and it took time.

We hesitated on sacking our previous manager and allowed him to sell one of our best players 2 days before we did. Also leaving zero time for lampard to make any moves in the transfer window.
Digne wasn’t one of best players at the time he was sold, he’d been poor for over a season when he was sold for a very good price and a huge wage lifted from the accounts, one of the jobs Benitez was brought in to do.

Digne wasn’t one of best players at the time he was sold, he’d been poor for over a season when he was sold for a very good price and a huge wage lifted from the accounts, one of the jobs Benitez was brought in to do.

He was brought in to win football matches, and other than in August, he couldn't do that, and he failed miserably.

As @SLAVEN BILIC pointed oot:

Benitez’s PL record: 19 games, 19pts, 5 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses. PPG: 1

Lampard’s PL record: 18 games, 20pts, 6 wins, 2 draws and 9 losses. PPG: 1.1

You accuse Benitez of being the worst manager of all time and Lampard our saviour when they have similar records here.

Next season is the acid test - you can't blame the previous manager any more if Fronk doesn't push us on.
Ye but, there is also a considerable difference in that benitez had a full preseason, with a team that had just finished 10th, a transfer window (regardless of how much he spent) and got to remove players from the squad he didn't want.

Lampard hasn't had any of that and had to come in when they were rock bottom morale with our worst form in PL history or something.

I said yesterday, I would expect a minimum of 50 points next season, when he has had a pre season and a chance to work on the squad. That would be progress, even if it still only got us to say 12th (would have got us 11th this season).

I like his passion. He deserves a shot. Just hope nobody gets on his back when we go on a poor run. We've got to give managers time. Except benetiz

You accuse Benitez of being the worst manager of all time and Lampard our saviour when they have similar records here.

Next season is the acid test - you can't blame the previous manager any more if Fronk doesn't push us on.
I'm massively apprehensive about Lampard and he wouldn't have been my first choice. But you can't compare the two. Benitez had a summer and two transfer windows. We started the season on the same points as everyone else. Lampard came in on the back of our worst ever run of form and had no time to put his stamp on the squad. Time will tell.

Ye but, there is also a considerable difference in that benitez had a full preseason, with a team that had just finished 10th, a transfer window (regardless of how much he spent) and got to remove players from the squad he didn't want.

Lampard hasn't had any of that and had to come in when they were rock bottom morale with our worst form in PL history or something.

I said yesterday, I would expect a minimum of 50 points next season, when he has had a pre season and a chance to work on the squad. That would be progress, even if it still only got us to say 12th.

I’m not knocking anything Lampard has done here. I think he’s been great. But Carlo left us in the lurch the summer before. Pre season and transfer plans would have been drawn up under him and not Benitez. So Benitez had Ancelotti’s pre season and some of his transfer window.

It’s one of the main arguments against continually changing the managed, long term planning just isn’t possible, Lampard needs to be given time to be planning two or three windows in advance if we want to get really smart at recruitment, not manager arriving mid window already behind the curve.

If the right decisions are not taken on recruitment over the next few weeks, then we'll struggle, and may do so regardless.

There is room for marginal gain, but only marginal in my view. The squad isn't better on paper than it is on grass, and last season was proof of that.

A full pre-season for Lampard, and hopefully less injuries, and all other things being equal (which they won't be), you might argue that he could squeeze another 6-9 points from this group.

How Richy is replaced is going to be absolutely pivotal, and that may unfortunately drag on a while, and possibly after the season starts.

The current manager's performance doesn't exonerate the previous manager. Lampard might be crap and get the sack, but benitez was still statistically an awful Everton manager.

I’m not knocking anything Lampard has done here. I think he’s been great. But Carlo left us in the lurch the summer before. Pre season and transfer plans would have been drawn up under him and not Benitez. So Benitez had Ancelotti’s pre season and some of his transfer window.

It’s one of the main arguments against continually changing the managed, long term planning just isn’t possible, Lampard needs to be given time to be planning two or three windows in advance if we want to get really smart at recruitment, not manager arriving mid window already behind the curve.
Totally agree. We keep talking about transition seasons. Hopefully with the new dof, it actually happens.

I said yesterday, I would expect a minimum of 50 points next season, when he has had a pre season and a chance to work on the squad. That would be progress, even if it still only got us to say 12th (would have got us 11th this season).

Thats fair enough - I hope Fronk makes a success of it here.

As I said when everyone was calling for Benitez's heed before a ball had even been kicked - if the manager is successful here so is Everton which is what we all should want.

Lampard needs backing - if he's given £1.7 million there is no hope for him. Likewise if we sell Richarlison and dont invest a good £100 million in the squad I think we will be around 13th-14th personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.