2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I don’t like his selections, I don’t like his formations but I like him. Fingers crossed he can keep us in calm waters & give himself time to develop.

He does need a good start straight away or he is under massive pressure, not sure he will make it to Christmas especially with Rooney available
He needs time mate lets actually give someone a chance for once, as long as were not 5 points adrift and rock bottom leave him where he is.

Being trigger happy is exactly why we have the squad we have now and why were in this mess.

The sooner Moshiri and slug head have gone the better, hopefully before the season kicks off in August.

I just hope the players coming in are those he wants and that are feasible to get under the circumstances. We have to get it right over the next few weeks. I'm not enamoured by the links but if they are the guys he wants and thinks can improve the team overall, then that's what he'll be judged on.

Some of us can't wait to sell our best players, some can't wait to sack yet another manager. Welcome to Everton fandom.
Wouldn't be an Everton summer forum if it was any other way. Expect the worst and everything is a bonus should be the new EFC moto I think. Gonna be a roller-coaster window this one.

He needs time mate lets actually give someone a chance for once, as long as were not 5 points adrift and rock bottom leave him where he is.

Being trigger happy is exactly why we have the squad we have now and why were in this mess.

The sooner Moshiri and slug head have gone the better, hopefully before the season kicks off in August.

He was not my first choice and is yet to impress me

He was not my first choice and is yet to impress me
That's fair enough.

What we've seen from him imo is he is a very likeable fella for the fans and the players which in modern day football is massive.
Also last season we played a way that he wouldn't normally play (see our style in the first few games) as he didn't have the personnel hence why he completely changed our style when the proverbial was about to hit the fan.

He hasn't been perfect and the jury is still out but for me he is the manager I'm most happy with out of the last 5-6 we've had.

I don't think any manager will come into this club and be on a constant upward trajectory from the off, there will be bad form/bad results from time to time but we need continuity more than ever now. As long a we aren't going backwards under him then we should stick with him until the ground move.

PS. I wonder how much paying managers off over the last few years has pushed us towards the FFP borderline?

That's fair enough.

What we've seen from him imo is he is a very likeable fella for the fans and the players which in modern day football is massive.
Also last season we played a way that he wouldn't normally play (see our style in the first few games) as he didn't have the personnel hence why he completely changed our style when the proverbial was about to hit the fan.

He hasn't been perfect and the jury is still out but for me he is the manager I'm most happy with out of the last 5-6 we've had.

I don't think any manager will come into this club and be on a constant upward trajectory from the off, there will be bad form/bad results from time to time but we need continuity more than ever now. As long a we aren't going backwards under him then we should stick with him until the ground move.

PS. I wonder how much paying managers off over the last few years has pushed us towards the FFP borderline?

Think the figure over Moshiris tenure is around 100m mate.

Dont think he can do to much to be honest. Dealt a terrible situation will carry on to next season it seems. Esp with what looks our best player going.

Pure grit and pickford keeping us in a few games kept us up. We cant base a whole season on that again.

Will wait and see who comes and goes before any more doom. But we were abysmal last season. Three clubs that got relegated all beat us.

Getting to be a familiar feeling though now.

For me the success of a manager, is not to measure him by trophies won, but how much value/improvement to the team he makes. You could give the best manager in the world our squad for next season but he wont win the league. But they will achieve stability and comfortably avoiding a relegation dog fight.

With the players we have, he should be able to avoid the dog fight next season. To do that he needs to train the players, improve fitness whilst avoiding injury and instill a recognizable pattern of play. That should take about 3 months I think before things start to emerge.

Just on managers?

Scandalous
Yup to be fair a big chunk of that was down to the contract Bill gave Martinez after the first season, think it was 5 years on huge money.

Funny though the one manager we didn't sack had a clause meaning when he jumped ship we didn't even get compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.