2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in Derby, there was a lot of discussion over him and how his team selection cost them the playoff final. Honestly don’t think he’ll get us promoted from the Championship, he performed worse than Steve McLaren.

Hoped he would take this opportunity to really prove himself but actually he’s not addressed any weaknesses and now we’re scoring less goals with a almost fully fit front line.

He’s going to go, either now or at the start of next season but from what we’ve seen, he isn’t going to save us and he won’t get us promoted.

Calling them out before the Newcastle game would be disastrous, agreed.
They should have been called out. They barely won a second ball all day

Its very simple - if they aren't willing to work much harder, and compete for every ball, they will get us relegated. I think they need to be told very clearly that unless they find a backbone, they will forever go down as the overpaid, gutless, pathetic, embarrassment of an Everton squad who got the club relegated

That knocked the stuffing out of me today. There was no fight, guts or desperation. We went behind and gave up again. I'm not making one more excuse for them while they continue to steal a living. If some of them had an ounce of decency they would ask to take a pay cut or start putting their wages into EITC.

They dont deserve to be defended in public. They don't deserve support. They need to be criticised in public because this refusal to step on their toes is not working.

The lack of decent/stable defensive options with a lack of proper ball winning midfielder massively ties Lampard’s hands. We’ve got decent attacking options but can’t get a hold of the ball to get it to them. Doucoure was terrified to turn round and run forwards today. Godfrey and Holgate were getting stick from the crowd for not moving it forward but Doucoure, VDB, Coleman and JJK were just standing like statues.
It’s desperate times- I’d consider putting Godfrey as a midfield holding player just to put in tackles and turn the ball over to get us going. Way too easy for wolves to pass it round our midfield today.

The decision to bring on Townsend basically showed wed given up

But the game was lost by the ineptitude of our midfielders. VDB hid out there and Doucoure was appalling.
Doucoure was dreadful. But the goal comes from Gordon diving in and Mykolenko/Holgate/Godfrey failing to do their jobs

I'm more concerned about our lack of anything going forward. But we are reliant entirely on a young player with very limited end product

We don’t win the first ball or the second ball. We always look miles away from the opposition when they get the ball, then we wait till they get the ball to engage. Need to make it uncomfortable for the opposition. It’s easy to play against us. Just look at the difference in the space they gave us today compared to what we gave them

Unsure what people were expecting from Lampard and even Benitez
The team has been in decline for over 5 years and we are now seeing this….
We have a group of players that have been bought with little or no planning for future, and on contracts that boarder on the ridiculous

Lampard is just another manager being let down by players who are cowards and only concern is they pick up a wage..

Thankless task

Mate, I was there too. Just because you were there doesn’t mean you’re right. I agree he was poor, but many times He had no options to play forward. A 2 man midfield negates any attacking qualities him and DVB or Allan when playing have. Why not focus on Pickford laying it off to Holgate all the time when an early forward ball was needed.
He played in a 3 v Spurs and we lost 5-0.

The team just does not move the ball quick enough to split a team. We don't have the quality

Status
Not open for further replies.