2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the problem is weve not kept a manager for more than 18 months since 2016, so the players get a free hit again regardless. What we need is a long term manager and slowly but surely weed out the rubbish put a stamp on the team and have to suffer In the meantime. This manager change every 6 months is absolute nonsense unless you want a succession of firefighters like Allardyce or Hodgson or someone after a quick payday.

Quite possibly, but why are the players not being held to account

We had a constant underperfomer, Mason Holgate, wearing our armband today. What a ridiculous situation
They are being, by us?

Why are you suggesting the players aren't being held to account? The only one who can do that is the manager and he gave them a dressing down in his interview and now he needs to show bottle and get them out of the side.

It’s the players, not the manager. To those who can’t see that, I can’t help you. Serial bottlers. You could see the only two differences between the teams clear as day. One had no confidence and belief that they could produce any quality in the final third, and had crap centre backs. The other team had the opposite.
It is the players but the manager today made bad errors too. You can say that.

We've lost our away games under Lampard by an aggregate of 16-2 mate, he takes his share of the blame like any manager would. Doesn't mean he's *the* problem.

It is the players but the manager today made bad errors too. You can say that.

We've lost our away games under Lampard by an aggregate of 16-2 mate, he takes his share of the blame like any manager would. Doesn't mean he's *the* problem.
What errors were those? I don’t like 3-4-3 particularly but look at the first 20, it was working.

If we had time outs like they do in the NFL I'm pretty sure we could win more games.

Go a goal behind and call a time out and stop these clowns from getting overun.

You're doing that thing you did re. Benitez, mate.

I ain't blaming Lampard. I'm saying he's made mistakes. Like the players make mistakes and are crap. Well today, he was crap too. We've lost all of our away games under Lampard by an aggregate score of 16-2. He takes his share of the blame.
I dread to think how much Liverpool will put past us. We aren’t remotely competitive away from home.

If we don't play decent football we'll get beat almost every week...

We don't play decent football, HAVEN'T DONE FOR SOME TIME, and, compared to most of the division, hardly ever do.

You're doing that thing you did re. Benitez, mate.

I ain't blaming Lampard. I'm saying he's made mistakes. Like the players make mistakes and are crap. Well today, he was crap too. We've lost all of our away games under Lampard by an aggregate score of 16-2. He takes his share of the blame.

Have to agree.

There’s a difference between being critical and blaming outright.

We as fans can see it’s vitally important to play with a midfield 3, and he keeps opting for a 3 in central defence instead, and it stifles everything.

Whilst no player can hold their heads up and claim to be playing well at the moment, it’s important you play to their strengths.

We’ve needed a striker for years, and Rondon was not the backup answer this year, completely isolated Richarlison in his weakest position.

Doucoure, Allan, VDB, and Gomes all need to play in a central 3. Persisting with them in a 2 overloads them and we get overran.

3 man central defence, including Kenny, when you have Branthwaite on the bench is just silly for me. That’s not naivety, it feels like stubborness.

It’s all well set up to be tight at the back, but when we’re shipping 3 every week, we may aswell not play 5 at the back.

It’s the players, not the manager. To those who can’t see that, I can’t help you. Serial bottlers. You could see the only two differences between the teams clear as day. One had no confidence and belief that they could produce any quality in the final third, and had crap centre backs. The other team had the opposite.
It is but the fact we have changed managers so many times has gave them unwarranted breathing space. So we still have players playing today that where no better 5 years ago. if anything worse. That is not progression.

Nailed on, This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back