2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines was a good defender, he was vastly better than Digne. But yes his premise was going forward, such a good left
Its all relative.The age of the wing back has dawned and its rare to see out and out defenders at full back these days. If you compare Baines with Everton full backs of the past who were simply defenders, he is not on the same level.I grew up watching Alex Parker, George Thomson and the rest, and each one was superior to Baines. Even Pistone was a better defender than the crowd gave him credit for....he also knew how to get forward, but unfortunately Kevin Kilbane never understood the concept of the overlapping full back, which often left Pistone stranded up field.

Its all relative.The age of the wing back has dawned and its rare to see out and out defenders at full back these days. If you compare Baines with Everton full backs of the past who were simply defenders, he is not on the same level.I grew up watching Alex Parker, George Thomson and the rest, and each one was superior to Baines. Even Pistone was a better defender than the crowd gave him credit for....he also knew how to get forward, but unfortunately Kevin Kilbane never understood the concept of the overlapping full back, which often left Pistone stranded up field.
Derby winner, Pistone

I knew George Thomson, lovely feller.

Is that the one wre he hit a long distance shot, the ball came back to him so he hit it again and scored? I think he has a chain of hairdressers in Italy now.The Paddock never stopped boing him!
Believe it was the Lee Carsley 1-0? I'm sure he was LB in that game

If that snippet of FL appearing on Twitter space with Evertonians is real then who’s the bonehead who said ‘I got you the job after getting Rafael sacked with my banners’

Jesus wept. What a moronic thing to say. No wonder FL shut him down.
Heard that myself. We don't half have some cringey fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back