2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d go so far as to say we have largely wasted a fortune, as opposed to spent a fortune. Wasted on some very poor players, various agents and of course Joorabchian, and paying off the merry go round of failed managerial appointments.
Where we are now are is all the chickens coming home to roost as a result of poor recruitment by different failed regimes with different playing styles. All that is going to take some amount of sorting out!

Weve basically spent £50mil a season in an attempt to catch those whose squad values dwarf ours.

The problems have been that

1: The recruitment policy has been altered under different types of manager.

2: Weve signed players with the wrong mentality and poor quality.

3: Weve signed stopgaps

4: Weve extended contracts of poor players

Now, finally I have confidence in Lampard and Thelwell to put things right over a 3 year period.

That analysis is a massive stretch of the imagination.

The fact is that from being 20th under Benitez in the form table were now 11th under Lampard.

Thats undisputable.

The evidence points to if Lampard had had the same amount of time as Howe + £100mil he'd have us further up the table.
We aren’t even 11th in the form table

We are 12th on goal difference 1 point above 17th place Aston villa

Without 2 last minute goals we would be in the bottom 3

What was the form table in the fist 6 games under Rafael?

Nonsense

I supported the team because I'm an Evertonian but I at no point supported the manager because he was a terrible appointment and a red through and through

No Evertonian supported the appointment of Benitez

Didn't want Benitez in the first place, I'm sure you'll find posts from me supporting that.

But after his appointment, then I support the Everton manager.

Because I am an Everton fan.

We aren’t even 11th in the form table

We are 12th on goal difference 1 point above 17th place Aston villa

Without 2 last minute goals we would be in the bottom 3

What was the form table in the fist 6 games under Rafael?

So its better than Benitez by 40% of the table.

If we hadnt had dodgy decisions and red cards + missed open goals we'd be higher. You can only work on the facts.

Ive no interest in irrelevances like "What was the form table in the fist 6 games under Rafae?"

Its a very very very weird question.

Btw Newcastle only signed 4 players in January

One of those signings Tripper has been out for most of their games with injury and we all laughed at this signing because of the price and his age

Another signing was Chris woods from Burnley which we all laughed at as well

They then sign targett on loan from villa who is only getting game time now due to injuries

The only good singing they made was Bruno

Can’t keep going with the they spent money on players rhetoric that is why they are safe.

They are playing really well with shelvey and joelinton in midfield ffs

So its better than Benitez by 40% of the table.

If we hadnt had dodgy decisions and red cards + missed open goals we'd be higher. You can only work on the facts.

Ive no interest in irrelevances like "What was the form table in the fist 6 games under Rafae?"

Its a very very very weird question.
You’ll be interested in the form table in the next 6 games no doubt

Let’s see what happens

I have nothing to apologise for.

I support the Everton manager, until such a time when results get so bad that I feel a new manager is required.
You have EVERYTHING to apologise for

Thankfully, Super Frank is now in charge and we never have to associate with that fat kopite slug ever again.

Hopefully you show Frank the same loyalty as the kopite, unlike the Benitez 8

One of those signings Tripper has been out for most of their games with injury and we all laughed at this signing because of the price and his age

They then sign targett on loan from villa who is only getting game time now due to injuries

Can’t keep going with the they spent money on players rhetoric that is why they are safe.

"We all" -- thats just not true.

If Lampard had signed those players in Jan then:

We would have saved ourselves from Coleman

We would have saved ourselves from Kenny

We would have a top midfielder

...and more points.

You’ll be interested in the form table in the next 6 games no doubt

Let’s see what happens

Indeed ;)

Targett was in for them as soon as he signed. And who was laughing at Trippier signing? A genuine champions league player for about £12 million.
They made some very good signings, I wish we had.

"We all" -- thats just not true.

If Lampard had signed those players in Jan then:

We would have saved ourselves from Coleman

We would have saved ourselves from Kenny

We would have a top midfielder

...and more points.

Indeed ;)
We had Patterson and Lampard refused to play him

Mykolenko has been our best player recently and Lampard preferred experience in Kenny to begin with

These decisions could have been avoided BUT for Lampard

You have EVERYTHING to apologise for

Thankfully, Super Frank is now in charge and we never have to associate with that fat kopite slug ever again.

Hopefully you show Frank the same loyalty as the kopite, unlike the Benitez 8
I am a fan of Frank

While I think he is good for Everton, I will keep supporting him, and that includes if the worst happens.

Many on here don't agree with Frank's appointment, but I support him because he is our manager.

We had Patterson and Lampard refused to play him

Mykolenko has been our best player recently and Lampard preferred experience in Kenny

These decisions could have been avoided BUT for Lampard

Patterson seemed to need time to bed in. If we had signed Trippier then we'd have had a top right back from day 1.

Kenny was played at left back...we'd have had Targett.

Theres been no defensive midfielder until Delph came in. We'd have had Guimaraes.

I mean this is obvious. Are you trolling?

FWIW id prefer having Mykolenko + Patterson to their full backs next season. Im very jealous they got Guimaraes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back