2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost 2-0. 17% possession. 1 shot on target. 1 corner. 5 yellow cards.

In what way did he get it spot on.

Tactics were solid, what else did you expect us to do against arguably the best side in the world ? We played well for the majority of the match given our limitations and the huge gulf in quality. If we had those stats against a poor team then it would be different.

I’d love him to come out and straight up accuse the referee and authorities of corruption.

It’d get him and probably the club in trouble, but there’s no other explanation for these decisions, and the City handball.

Take the fine....that ref needs to be called out

If Allardyce or Benitez played the same way today, would we be praising them?

Allardyce got a draw at Anfield playing similar and was praised at the time.

Tactically Lampard nailed it though. He drew on all his experience playing under Mourinho with the defensive solidity, all the time wasting and Richarlison being full on Drogba. That's better than setting up to get hammered at Spurs,

I’d love him to come out and straight up accuse the referee and authorities of corruption.

It’d get him and probably the club in trouble, but there’s no other explanation for these decisions, and the City handball.

He’s actually got it spot on tactically today, I’d say.

A couple of blatant decisions and a centre half who doesn’t ball watch away from a point at Anfield at the moment isn’t bad really.

ha ha ye i mean the ref didn’t help liverpool

If my aunt had balls she be my uncle

This fraud is easily the worse manager in the league and fans like you lot are the reason why the club is going down

This was almost a free hit for Lampard. He got it right in terms of setting up to spoil, and it’s certainly not his fault that we’re in a position as a club to HAVE to set up that way against them but in general terms he’s pulled up precisely zero trees since he came in. He wasn’t my pick at the time and I don’t think he’s the man to bring us back up, either.

It’d have been a difficult job for any coach but I think he’s well out of his depth.

That genuinely was one of our best away Derby performances for years against one of the top 5 best teams on the planet. It hurts because of the situation it now leaves us in, but we has a clear gameplan that nearly worked.

Was never going to be pretty...

My only criticism is that after Gordon had made those 2 or 3 lung bursting runs, he was clearly knackered and probably should have come off, even though he was playing well. He couldn't defend with the same intensity after that. Small margins and their 2 goals were a tad fortunate, but I believe if we play with the same intensity as that in our final games, we have a chance to save ourselves.

We have to keep our heads up and go again...

(But my stomach is literally churning at the moment looking at the table...)

Status
Not open for further replies.