2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
….prefer it if he doesn’t play a holding game today hoping we Nick a goal some where along the way. Those tactics were fine against Chelsea and Leicester (and perhaps he should’ve deployed them more often during his tenure) but we failed to exploit a great opportunity at Watford.

The away defeat at Brentford was a prime example of losing a game we should’ve won by being too conservative. Let’s not make that mistake again today, we can still be strong defensively & give ourselves more creativity.

….prefer it if he doesn’t play a holding game today hoping we Nick a goal some where along the way. Those tactics were fine against Chelsea and Leicester (and perhaps he should’ve deployed them more often during his tenure) but we failed to exploit a great opportunity at Watford.

The away defeat at Brentford was a prime example of losing a game we should’ve won by being too conservative. Let’s not make that mistake again today, we can still be strong defensively & give ourselves more creativity.
"we can still be strong defensively"

im not sure this is true with our centre backs + right back.

Also, if Leeds lose then surely the sensible option is to play the same way as weve been doing which has garnished points?

if they and Burnley obtain positive results then perhaps he may 'slightly' be more positive but that seems suicidal to me.

"we can still be strong defensively"

im not sure this is true with our centre backs + right back.

Also, if Leeds lose then surely the sensible option is to play the same way as weve been doing which has garnished points?

if they and Burnley obtain positive results then perhaps he may 'slightly' be more positive but that seems suicidal to me.

…I expect the team is already selected regardless of other results.

We’re playing Brentford at home in a game we need to win & I’d hope a back four with 3 central midfielders ahead of them will be sufficient cover.

Lampard said the players were frustrated at Watford because he didn’t allow them to ‘run forward’. If DCL is a lone striker then I hope the shackles are removed to a certain extent. We can consolidate further if the score allows.

…I expect the team is already selected regardless of other results.

We’re playing Brentford at home in a game we need to win & I’d hope a back four with 3 central midfielders ahead of them will be sufficient cover.

Lampard said the players were frustrated at Watford because he didn’t allow them to ‘run forward’. If DCL is a lone striker then I hope the shackles are removed to a certain extent. We can consolidate further if the score allows.
We wont know if we "need to win" until the results come through for Leeds/Burnley thats all im saying.

If Leeds get beat I don't care if we park the bus, as long as it gets us the required point. If Leeds win, we still have to be a little cautious because we will then need at least a point today, if we are to get the 4 points we will then need in order to be safe before Arsenal.

If Leeds lose the players will be completely crippled by the pressure of knowing a win saves us. Can bet your house on it.
Either way their mental fortitude is weak so im not sure it will make a difference. We need Brentford to be open and casual if at all possible. I fear they will be organised and sit deep. Just hoping we can nick a goal from somewhere.

The away defeat was Rafael using 1 sub and never changing the approach.

I can see Lampards view against Watford. Don't agree but I can see it.

Don't see an issue with the set up staying the same. However, it still can be more adventurous.

If Leeds lose the players will be completely crippled by the pressure of knowing a win saves us. Can bet your house on it.
If Leeds lose, a draw will be enough for us to survive. It'd take us three points ahead with only one game left, but the GD swing would never be beaten.

Ultimately, I'd much rather we won our two remaining home games as I'd like to be above Burnley too for reasons of confidence, finance and pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.