2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The criticism in this thread for a match where we lost a centre half to a red card after 17 minutes, is absolutely ridiculous. Some of you seem to actively want him to fail for some reason. He's done a good job, and yesterday was nothing to do with set up. We had no options on the bench either because so many are unavailable when we need everyone putting their hand up.

I thought id never see a worse manager than Mike Walker but with Lampard I think I have
Walker did not get us relegated although sacked the following year whilst Lampard is getting us so close with his tactics
If we do not go down please thank God and then Pickford
1652702609911.jpeg

The criticism in this thread for a match where we lost a centre half to a red card after 17 minutes, is absolutely ridiculous. Some of you seem to actively want him to fail for some reason. He's done a good job, and yesterday was nothing to do with set up. We had no options on the bench either because so many are unavailable when we need everyone putting their hand up.
Exactly. There were no problems with the tactics or the way we set up before the inexplicable red card. We were going to coast to victory and safety, before a shocking decision by one of our young centre halves, which followed a series that could've easily won us a penalty.

My only question for Lampard was why after going a man down Gomes didn't come off. I thought he was a weird selection anyway, but I could see the logic if we were expected to dominate possession.

Once we were down to 10 men, the last guy that should've been on the pitch was Gomes. But I could see Lampard wanting to get to Half, and going up 2-1 wouldn't been a great spot to put on Allan for Gomes for the second half. Maybe he wanted to save a fresh Allan for Palace. Who knows.

I thought id never see a worse manager than Mike Walker but with Lampard I think I have
Walker did not get us relegated although sacked the following year whilst Lampard is getting us so close with his tactics
If we do not go down please thank God and then Pickford

For me reading this leads me to believe you didnt actually watch Everton under Walker or were too young to remember...

...its night and day.

So rather than play a CB at CB, you wanted him to play a LB at CB and a RB at LB.

People have also been calling for him to start all season as well. Can’t have it both ways. 70 minutes with 10 men is hard enough but with what we had available and with a back 4 including Iwobi at right back and coleman at centre back, it was always going to be up hill.

I do think he should have had Gomes off at HT. Seems he didn’t want to risk Allan at all though.

He’s not perfect and still learning but don’t think we can pin yesterday on him as frustrating a day as it was.

Yesterday wasn’t on Lampard. Those who think it is are just peddling mindless negative agendas. Ffs why can’t some of you just back a manager.

This is my concern for next season, it’s all spirit of the blues when we win a game but so much as a draw and some turn straight away to questioning the manager and naming the latest hipster name we should have got instead. It’s embarrassing behaviour but far too many in the fanbase embrace it.

For me reading this leads me to believe you didnt actually watch Everton under Walker or were too young to remember...

...its night and day.
Im 62 and remember Everton winning the league 69/70
Its amazing how you defend the guy who left us in the same position as when he started, losing 9 out of 16
He also had practically a full team except for yesterday., youre so obsessed with him, I only hope youre proved right

Exactly. There were no problems with the tactics or the way we set up before the inexplicable red card. We were going to coast to victory and safety, before a shocking decision by one of our young centre halves, which followed a series that could've easily won us a penalty.

My only question for Lampard was why after going a man down Gomes didn't come off. I thought he was a weird selection anyway, but I could see the logic if we were expected to dominate possession.

Once we were down to 10 men, the last guy that should've been on the pitch was Gomes. But I could see Lampard wanting to get to Half, and going up 2-1 wouldn't been a great spot to put on Allan for Gomes for the second half. Maybe he wanted to save a fresh Allan for Palace. Who knows.
I think the element of how many actual fit players we have is misplaced currently given we have played so many games recently. You can see it in Gordon being knackered the effect it has on the players.

I'd like to hope Watford was a direct result of running the players into the ground and them just not having the energy to turn up. So it's a balancing act right now that ultimately none of us could answer. We have players we can't rely on through fitness, entrust a squad player only to see them sent off and the ones out of favour still not earning their place.

I said it earlier but January hit that final nail into the season , 5 players in and only one to show for it. So yesterday , 3 games from the end of the season , if we had 4 additional players in the squad, we would have been able to rest players and keep them fresh. Instead we have ran the same ones out every single week and then just lost some of them to injury.

We end the season with a banner back up striker and a first choice one that really doesn't care about the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.