2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is clinging to this "get attackers in" narrative thinking that will elevate us 4 or 5 places in the league, in reality that won`t happen if the same patterns of play and framework is still exactly the same....

The people saying "When we get attackers in" are the same Lampard apologists who were saying "When Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit"... both is not the answer when you have a poor manager.....

All I can say mate is that, even in the last few games were we've been crap (Palace aside) I have seen us create chances and just not convert them, see the opening 20 mins against Bournemouth... Not that'd I'd wish re-watching that game on any Evertonian but we made good chances that should have at least been put on target. We had 2 clear as day chances vs. Leicester that weren't converted, and I'm sure Dom is still having nightmares about the one he missed against Fulham.

Lampard or someone else, this team obviously needs better attackers to not be going into the final few weeks fighting to stay up. Not only to convert more of the chances we do create, but to hopefully create more and make more of when we do have the ball in good areas. How many times have we seen Gray and Gordon get the ball in the good area and take too many touches or check back on himself and kill all the momentum of the attack?

You didnt watch the game.

Youre slating the team for having no shots on target (despite having the better chances)

But youre praising the opposition for having shots at goal.

When this is pointed out you then blame Maupay.

Is that about the gist of it?
I saw the chance, should have scored. You don`t score if you don`t get shots on target....

And your argument is what, we deserved to win?

Yes damn right I`m slating our team that has no shots on target against a team that another poster described as Dog and Duck....

Watch this from the start for the clips they show....

His togger is unbelievably dour.

Not a problem when you're winning games but when you're 17th something has to give.

Saw the highlights of the Celtic game and looks like we were once again 2nd best.

Amazing the spell he has on our punters.

This is your Everton playing not to lose v Celtic..

1668957500185.png

@ForeverEverton mate you need to just stand down at this point haha. Why does a friendly have you so rattled? lol
Because it follows the exact same pattern as previous, no matter what the team is, as proven with the Bournemouth double, the performance is exactly the same.

That proves it isn`t the players.

Its obvious we cant score goals, you could accept it if Lampard tried something different but it is more of the same with Gray, Maupay and Gordon upfront which has failed so many times.

That shows me he is not looking for answers, just sticking the side out hoping something changes, does that seem like good management? Does that seem the quality of manager you want at Everton? Clearly the answer is yes so we all have to take the consequences that come.

Play like that against Wolves we are in trouble because we could be bottom after the City game....

Tbf we have one fit senior midfielder over there that's why we are playing 532 but I agree its not good to watch we played counter attack against a average SPL team. Again he has to be doing better even if it's a friendly and I want Lamps to work but the clock is ticking as much as a nice guy he is and as much as he "gets us".

Status
Not open for further replies.