2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it myself. The club has had 4+ weeks to make a managerial change if they want, to then do it 2 games after the restart with the transfer window open, scrambling round looking for a new manager in the middle of fixtures, who has had zero time to work with the squad but who hopefully fancies the players KT is trying to sign just seems like madness even beyond Moshiri's EFC.
See you're right in theory because it makes no sense to do that. And at the same time this is Everton, so if we lose these first 3 fixtures or maybe only get a point we might be in the drop zone and they could sack him then.

It'd be extremely dumb but it's been a possibility this whole time.

They could have a list of replacements ready to go. No point in giving Lampard another transfer window if there's been 0 improvement in his points per games after one transfer window
See you're right in theory because it makes no sense to do that. And at the same time this is Everton, so if we lose these first 3 fixtures or maybe only get a point we might be in the drop zone and they could sack him then.

It'd be extremely dumb but it's been a possibility this whole time.
If we've legit sat twiddling our thumbs for a month only to sack the manager 5 minutes after the restart instead of giving any new guy time work with the players/DOF, we'd deserve to be relegated if it went that way. Even the most lunatic of clowncar boardrooms wouldn't think that was a solid plan.

If we've legit sat twiddling our thumbs for a month only to sack the manager 5 minutes after the restart instead of giving any new guy time work with the players/DOF, we'd deserve to be relegated if it went that way. Even the most lunatic of clowncar boardrooms wouldn't think that was a solid plan.
It might not be 5 minutes but I don't really see any reason to think this is turning around. I don't think they'll hold their nerve all season. Nor should they honestly.

Keeping Lampard isn't a solid plan, in my opinion, so they've already failed on two counts

Come on. There's no chance the club has just spent an entire month with no football being behind the manager, only to sack him if there's a defeat in the first game back. Even EFC/Moshiri is not that level of bonkers (probably).

He'll no doubt get the transfer window, we'll pressumably bring in 1 or 2 players, get 1 or 2 back from injury and hopefully progress. If results are still bad come Feb/March, he'll likely be replaced along with a few other managers of the teams down the bottom.
He 100% should not get the window. If he does we are 100% getting relegated.

F for Frank
F for failure
F for forget
F for fluke
F for filthy

The sooner he’s gone the sooner we can let the wound heal. At this point we’re making more and more incisions to a fresh wound. If you cut too much we won’t be able to heal.

We’re sitting 17th can you guess where will be on the 26th?

B for Boring
Y for Yawn
W for We Get It
S for Stop posting the exact same thing in multiple threads every 5 minutes you godawful melt.

It might not be 5 minutes but I don't really see any reason to think this is turning around. I don't think they'll hold their nerve all season. Nor should they honestly.
I agree about all season; wasn't suggesting that. I think the club are behind him enough to give him probably til end of Feb give or take. We're not even half way yet, and realistically, as long as we're not in the bottom 3 at any point, that's probably par for the course for club expectations.

Keeping Lampard isn't a solid plan, in my opinion, so they've already failed on two counts
All the more reason to have made the change during the break. That they didn't says to me the board wont panic any time soon. Not with 23 games and a transfer window to come. If we can take 7 points from Wolves/Brig/Saints, we'll be lower mid table. If not, pressure will increase.

I agree about all season; wasn't suggesting that. I think the club are behind him enough to give him probably til end of Feb give or take. We're not even half way yet, and realistically, as long as we're not in the bottom 3 at any point, that's probably par for the course for club expectations.

All the more reason to have made the change during the break. That they didn't says to me the board wont panic any time soon. Not with 23 games and a transfer window to come. If we can take 7 points from Wolves/Brig/Saints, we'll be lower mid table. If not, pressure will increase.
I personally think we'll only avoid falling into the bottom 3 at some point through sheer luck. Which is really enough of an indictment to just sack him whenever. But it should've been done before the break.

I personally think we'll only avoid falling into the bottom 3 at some point through sheer luck. Which is really enough of an indictment to just sack him whenever. But it should've been done before the break.
We'll 10000000% be in the bottom three very, very soon, and likely back out of it, then in and out for the next few months, at best. Hopefully we finish the correct side of the dotted line between 17th and 18th come EOP.

The club literally threw away 15 points at the start of the season waiting on transfers and you honestly think a new manager is going to come in, change the culture of the club and build a winning team from the low hanging fruit that the club loves to buy? Absolutely delusional.
I think this manager is bad and a different one might be less bad

Status
Not open for further replies.