2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be given a squad that has a chance of competing in this league. We had a squad full of rubbish so kept all the rubbish and sold 2 of the best players and gave him no proper replacements.

I'd be feeling like walking away if I were him. He's being hung out to dry.

Seeing fans start to turn already is making me pretty annoyed.
Unfortunately a lot of the modern fans grew up on Footy manager, and expect transfers to happen instantly.
For all we know Lampard could have been given the nod to sign his first choice striker, but may have to wait a week or two so he can be replaced.
If we get to the end of the window and no ones in, then It will be justified to have a good go at them.
Personally, I am happy to wait if it means getting someone better than the dross we’ve been linked with.

Unfortunately a lot of the modern fans grew up on Footy manager, and expect transfers to happen instantly.
For all we know Lampard could have been given the nod to sign his first choice striker, but may have to wait a week or two so he can be replaced.
If we get to the end of the window and no ones in, then It will be justified to have a good go at them.
Personally, I am happy to wait if it means getting someone better than the dross we’ve been linked with.
Its nothing to do with modern fans. There's no excuse for going 7 weeks with no Richarlison replacement.

I hope one of the puppets in the press conference goes off-script tomorrow and asks Lampard whether he meant what he said about Gordon going nowhere and him wanting to building his team around him.
Puppets tend not to Dave for fear of pissing their bosses off

Its nothing to do with modern fans. There's no excuse for going 7 weeks with no Richarlison replacement.
Just click your fingers. It’s so easy to get promising players to join a club that finished sixteenth. Obviously having a reputation for being so well run, we will get crushed in the rush to join.

Honestly, there are so many factors that affect these deals. Just because we want someone, doesn’t mean they have to join, or the selling club has to accept our offer.

We are not an attractive proposition right now. Players are weighing up offers before joining us. We can’t overpay anymore, so the deals take longer. That’s the nature of things.

Plus, we’re trying to more or less sign a whole outfield 10 on a shoestring. Not an easy thing to accomplish.

Just click your fingers. It’s so easy to get promising players to join a club that finished sixteenth. Obviously having a reputation for being so well run, we will get crushed in the rush to join.

Honestly, there are so many factors that affect these deals. Just because we want someone, doesn’t mean they have to join, or the selling club has to accept our offer.

We are not an attractive proposition right now. Players are weighing up offers before joining us. We can’t overpay anymore, so the deals take longer. That’s the nature of things.

Plus, we’re trying to more or less sign a whole outfield 10 on a shoestring. Not an easy thing to accomplish.
You cannot come 16th on under 40 points, sell your best for good money, line up no replacement, possibly sell your best young player for good money, again not line anyone up, and expect to improve.

We're in trouble here. Let's not kid ourselves

You cannot come 16th on under 40 points, sell your best for good money, line up no replacement, possibly sell your best young player for good money, again not line anyone up, and expect to improve.

We're in trouble here. Let's not kid ourselves
If we haven’t got some forwards in by the end of summer then I agree, however, other areas of the team have definitely improved.

The replacements are unlikely to be like for like.

I hope one of the puppets in the press conference goes off-script tomorrow and asks Lampard whether he meant what he said about Gordon going nowhere and him wanting to building his team around him.
What does that achieve? We need another forward - we can’t afford one so we need to wheel and deal, sell one of our better players in order to get a couple of players back.
If Dcl was fighting fit I doubt we would be looking to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.