Southampton h
West Ham a
Arsenal h
Liverpool a
Leeds h
Villa h
Forest a
Brentford h

I don't know how many points Lampard needs to keep his job from the next 4 games but the 4 after that are season defining. Could easily be that the new manager's first game is Leeds at home and that gives them as good a start as they could hope for.

A new manager will solve nothing if Moshiri and co are in charge of the appointment. Also need to stick with managers and give them time. We sacked Silva in 8th and now look. I wasn't even a big Silva fan either but we can't keep giving each manager only slightly more than a year

Southampton h
West Ham a
Arsenal h
Liverpool a
Leeds h
Villa h
Forest a
Brentford h

I don't know how many points Lampard needs to keep his job from the next 4 games but the 4 after that are season defining. Could easily be that the new manager's first game is Leeds at home and that gives them as good a start as they could hope for.
Whoever the manager is, Everton need to be winning half of those games at least, maybe even 5.

Get to 30 points by the end of that run and we'd probably be alright. Anything less it's squeeky bum time. Anything less than 4 wins from those games and I reckon we're down. Too much to do with our horrid run-in.

Brigthon and wolves are all critical game to judge if we can stick with Lampard or not. It seems he will be sacked soon. Next league game against southampton is another important game. I hope we can sack him asap and sign someone soon.
If it is not poch, please sign Moyes…

Just don’t understand the changes tonight, we got a positive result away at city and he reverts to 451, we were only one nil down at half time but the warning signs were there, when they broke it was frightening our lads looked like deer in the headlights.
We should have stuck with the 541 from city, I know we had Onana suspended but we should have tried to minimise the changes. Get another positive result and try and build something, as it stands, he’s shot himself in the foot and heaped pressure on himself.

we are second in most saves this season and clearances and third in most tackles

the reason we are so high on that list is because we are so crap defensively and concede many shots on our goal

we are also 18th in most shots this season

we are terrible at both ends of the pitch
as i said we are crap both defensively and offensively and the midfield is failing to do its job

Just don’t understand the changes tonight, we got a positive result away at city and he reverts to 451, we were only one nil down at half time but the warning signs were there, when they broke it was frightening our lads looked like deer in the headlights.
We should have stuck with the 541 from city, I know we had Onana suspended but we should have tried to minimise the changes. Get another positive result and try and build something, as it stands, he’s shot himself in the foot and heaped pressure on himself.

I thought the same myself. Brighton usually like to have the ball so let them have it, 5 at the back and break on them. But then I also thought would our fans accept us playing like that at home or if we had lost it would then have been whys he been so negative at home.

Basically I don't know what the solution is haha

Madness/naivety to change the formation from the weekend.

We're not a good team. We have to accept that to survive it needs to be a grim slog. We do some very neat passing but it gets us nowhere.

McNeil and Iwobi last night had zero positional discipline.

The yawning gaps infront of the centre backs is down to their lack of pace, they're terrified at the thought of pushing out together.

It's all down to coaching. We are 'tidier' with the ball but absolutely toothless. If you're toothless you have to be disciplined.

City away was the blueprint, it's mind bending he ripped that up and sent that team out so clearly I'll-prepared.

Sadly, sacking him and starting again fixes nothing. Any new manager comes in and works with players brought in by 7 manages and 3 directors of football.

The names mentioned make my stomach turn. I've seen some truly awful shouts.

We're completely ******!

I thought the same myself. Brighton usually like to have the ball so let them have it, 5 at the back and break on them. But then I also thought would our fans accept us playing like that at home or if we had lost it would then have been whys he been so negative at home.

Basically I don't know what the solution is haha
You need to remember that 90% of match going fans don't have the first clue about what they're watching.

If they can't see that pragmatism is the only way for this squad they should go watch the darts or something instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back