2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont pipe down. He had Richarlison and let him go without any assurance on a player to come in...in fact, it looks from what he said yesterday that he'd succumbed to some nonsense belief that he we didn't need another striker as long as DCL was available.

If he's being denied strikers then he should do something about it, not constantly whine about what the shape of that striker has to be.

He's bemoaing the fact we had 19 chances and converted just one. Well he's complicit in the failure to get somoene in to convert them.
But what exactly should or can he do about it?

Im not interested in that.
Fine, but I do think £50m for him is good business. For any club, in any financial position.

This is one of the things that Everton haven't done right, which is selling players who are good, but not that good, for maximum value and investing it wisely into the squad.

Behind the scenes he should be demanding a striker in by midweek or threatening to walk.
I’m not really sure what that does though. They can always hire another manager. They’d be able to spin it that they were the ones that fired him. I would like to think if they were completely sold on Frank we would have a striker in by now. I’m hoping this weekend verified any second guessing that they may have had concerning singing another striker but this club is run so poorly, imo, it wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t have any sort of plan to fix the situation.

We look more secure at the back despite Tarkowski not having his greatest game. Our midfield is being worked on and we know we have a massive short coming up front.

I honestly think with a competent forward we win all three of these games. There’s been nothing in them apart from each team has had a more competent attack.

That's the difference from the start of last season where DCL scored in the first few games. We win all 3 if he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.