2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of both but generally his sub choices have been poor.

He sets us up well in games, he just is crap when it comes to reacting to what other teams do.

He got it wrong today by taking both Davies and Rondon off at the same time for the players he did, and then he failed to respond when MGW came on, when he had the option of Allan or even Dele to put us to a three in midfield and match them up.

Tbh we are all good managers after the games finished and get it right.
Those said options have hardly got a rep for success.
I like forum posts but i sometimes feel we are just dogs chasing our tails on here.
We just aint that good and dont have enough decent players.

Bit of both but generally his sub choices have been poor.

He sets us up well in games, he just is crap when it comes to reacting to what other teams do.

He got it wrong today by taking both Davies and Rondon off at the same time for the players he did, and then he failed to respond when MGW came on, when he had the option of Allan or even Dele to put us to a three in midfield and match them up.

To be fair those players aren't ready for 90 minutes. More likely that than tactical choice

His BBC interview: the constant referencing to being short "at the top end of the pitch" and his obvious frustration with it. I hope the MOTD pundits pick up on this and really start asking why, after selling Richarlison 7 weeks ago, Frank is talking about "looking to strengthen there" with about 10 days of the window left and 3 games of the season gone.

The enormity of the failure to bring in Richarlsion's replacement cant be stressed enough. It's killed any hopes we had of getting a breather in the season where we can maybe afford to go through a bad run of games but still have points in the bag.

This is just not good enough from FL. It wont do to look irritated. This is a PL manager's job he has here. He has to be completely ruthless, but he's been given the runaround by this board who will make him watch on while another player is sold from under him in order to get the striker they should have provided 7 weeks ago.

Bottom line: Frank has to grow a pair.

His BBC interview: the constant referencing to being short "at the top end of the pitch" and his obvious frustration with it. I hope the MOTD pundits pick up on this and really start asking why, after selling Richarlison 7 weeks ago, Frank is talking about "looking to strengthen there" with about 10 days of the window left and 3 games of the season gone.

The enormity of the failure to bring in Richarlsion's replacement cant be stressed enough. It's killed any hopes we had of getting a breather in the season where we can maybe afford to go through a bad run of games but still have points in the bag.

This is just not good enough from FL. It wont do to look irritated. This is a PL manager's job he hasd here. He has to be completely ruthless, but he's been given the runaround by this board who will make him wacth on while another player is sold from under him in order to get the striker they should have probvided 7 weeks ago.

I’m sure Frank has said he wants players up the pitch. He isn’t in charge of transfers as far as I’m aware, so it’s not exactly his fault is it. Pipe down, just because he replaced the fat one doesn’t mean you have to him (actually, reading your posts, it seems it does)

This is just not good enough from FL. It wont do to look irritated. This is a PL manager's job he hasd here. He has to be completely ruthless, but he's been given the runaround by this board who will make him wacth on while another player is sold from under him in order to get the striker they should have probvided 7 weeks ago.

He'll be gone by November's World Cup break. He is far too "trusting" of the vipers in the boardroom. They will toss him overboard at the first serious sign of danger to themselves - so he's got nothing to lose by trying to get the fans on his side, call out these charlatans for what they are, and demand the striker he desperately needs to save his job.

This is just not good enough from FL. It wont do to look irritated. This is a PL manager's job he has here. He has to be completely ruthless, but he's been given the runaround by this board who will make him watch on while another player is sold from under him in order to get the striker they should have provided 7 weeks ago.

He needs to be better himself too in the games.

Sets us up well but his in-game management leaves too much to be desired at times.

I’m sure Frank has said he wants players up the pitch. He isn’t in charge of transfers as far as I’m aware, so it’s not exactly his fault is it. Pipe down, just because he replaced the fat one doesn’t mean you have to him (actually, reading your posts, it seems it does)
I wont pipe down. He had Richarlison and let him go without any assurance on a player to come in...in fact, it looks from what he said yesterday that he'd succumbed to some nonsense belief that he we didn't need another striker as long as DCL was available.

If he's being denied strikers then he should do something about it, not constantly whine about what the shape of that striker has to be.

He's bemoaing the fact we had 19 chances and converted just one. Well he's complicit in the failure to get somoene in to convert them.

He'll be gone by November's World Cup break. He is far too "trusting" of the vipers in the boardroom. They will toss him overboard at the first serious sign of danger to themselves - so he's got nothing to lose by trying to get the fans on his side, call out these charlatans for what they are, and demand the striker he desperately needs to save his job.
He's beeing way too circumspect. You cant deal with the scum in our boardroom that way. You have to have a brass neck and be political. As said: his stock has been high with the fans. That = leverage. But it looks like he's just folded and accepted what the likes of Kenwright have told him.

FFS, if he consents to seeing Gordon out the door it'll be humiliating for him.

Lampard needs to take the gloves off with those clowns.

He's beeing way too circumspect. You cant deal with the scum in our boardroom that way. You have to have a brass neck and be political. As said: his stock has been high with the fans. That = leverage. But it looks like he's just folded and accepted what the likes of Kenwright have told him.

Most fans would be happy to see Gordon leave for £50m, Dave.

I fully agree with the rest of your point but regardless of that stuff, £50m for Gordon is insane money. We all know it.

I think he's in a bind with Gordon now. By keeping quiet - publicly - about the loss of Richarlison, he has given the impression (rightly or wrongly) that he consented to that sale. He has got no replacement. Now, with the possible sale of Gordon offering him the possibility to get that replacement, any reluctance to get behind such a move can be viewed as as a massive self indulgence - or having his cake and eating it. He will be blamed by the board - and plenty of the fans - if he is holed under the bow by the lack of a striker having rejected the chance to upgrade Gordon. Put simply, the board have played him like a fiddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.