2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Frank and want him to do well here. However it’s a results business and that’s what he will be judge on. If we get to ten games in and things still haven’t improved then he will more than likely have to go. If that happens, how unlikely it is but the club should go all out for Poch.
It won’t be Poch, it’ll be Pereira like Moshiri wanted

Don't forget, we were told several times that benitez couldn't be expected to win games without mina, doucoure, richie or dcl. None of which are available to lampard.

Managers struggle without their best players available to them. Was true then, is true now. We have more points this season if DCL and Mina are fit. We’d have had more points last season if they were fit.

If he insists in three at the back in a match where we're losing midfield and upfront, he'll be bin bagged in no time.
I think if we get Gueye or similar he can feel confident doing that. Which of those players do you trust to shield the defence? Previous seasons we've seen teams just stroll through us with Davies/Allan/Doucoure/Gomes there. Onana is nowhere near disciplined enough on today's showing and Iwobi needs to be active.

If he insists in three at the back in a match where we're losing midfield and upfront, he'll be bin bagged in no time.
I mean, what options does he really have in midfield and up front though to change it? Rondon, gomes?

He needs backed by the board to get them sorted ASAP.

Managers struggle without their best players available to them. Was true then, is true now. We have more points this season if DCL and Mina are fit. We’d have had more points last season if they were fit.
‘Mina‘ and ‘fit’ do not belong in the same sentence.

I’m giving him until the end of the transfer window then I’ll start criticising if required. It’s obvious what we need and we won’t win games any time soon with our attacking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.