2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No striker. Where's the striker? Judge him when we have a striker.

How about a clean sheet?
But when you have no outlet because the midfield can't transition it well, and even when they do, there is no striker to hold it up/aim for, you end up under the kosh and having to defend more, making it harder to keep a clean sheet.

We are playing in a way that is severely restricted because of no striker. And rondon isn't capable at this level.

I’m getting a bit of deja vu with Lampard at the minute. It’s like when we had silva, he was a young manager whose ideas and way of playing I liked. But, he was tactically naive and struggled in game to change things and it’s what I’m seeing with Lampard now.

I was sad to see silva sacked I do think he’s a good manager and we’ll see that this season. I feel similar with Lampard, it’s the nature of having a young manager though.

Fine, but I do think £50m for him is good business. For any club, in any financial position.

This is one of the things that Everton haven't done right, which is selling players who are good, but not that good, for maximum value and investing it wisely into the squad.
Jack Rodwell and Franny Jeffers said hi.

But when you have no outlet because the midfield can't transition it well, and even when they do, there is no striker to hold it up/aim for, you end up under the kosh and having to defend more, making it harder to keep a clean sheet.

We are playing in a way that is severely restricted because of no striker. And rondon isn't capable at this level.
If he can't organise a team to be able to keep a clean sheet in any match, can't see how he survives. Even with DCL or another striker, we still won't have the quality to be a high scoring team.

I like Frank as much as the next fan and want him to succeed, but if results don't improve soon I can't see how he is still Manager when the team come down here to tour in November.

Bottom 3 from the opening round and no sign of when the first win is coming is alarm bells.

I’m getting a bit of deja vu with Lampard at the minute. It’s like when we had silva, he was a young manager whose ideas and way of playing I liked. But, he was tactically naive and struggled in game to change things and it’s what I’m seeing with Lampard now.

I was sad to see silva sacked I do think he’s a good manager and we’ll see that this season. I feel similar with Lampard, it’s the nature of having a young manager though.
Silva got much much better results than Frank. Also I knew what silvas style was. I don't know what Frank does well

Deffo Judi, all those chances our top end strikers keep missing and the way we've been battered 1-0, 2-1 and 1-1 shows you he's waaaaay out of his league.
We always use this excuse with crap managers.

We’re a club in a relegation fight again and Frank isn’t the man any PL club wants in this situation.

Again his subs for me just wrong.

We complete dominated and just he brings on McNeil and Onana for Rondon and Davies.

We needed to find a better option and he just kept it the same which made it easy for Forest.

Why not move into a 3-5-2 with Onana - Iwobi - Davies? Or at least for a more offensive wing back option for Mykolenko with Vinagre especially with Forest right back on a yellow.

Poor

I’m keen to see what he can do with the team after all of our business is done, I think that’s when its time to see how he does.

With the current team however, he hasn’t got enough out of us going forward. Averaging a goal a game isn’t good enough and the focus needs to be solving this.

I’m not sure 5 at the back is helping it either.

Buying McNeil whilst we have a toothless striker and an injury prone striker is criminal.

If he ends up fired he can look back on his slow recruitment of a decent forward.

Rondon is utter garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.