2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Thelwell would have a few young continental candidates when you consider he has worked in the RB franchise who's scouting system is brilliant.

I still maintain Lampard should have been an interim appointment until the summer with Thelwell given the chance to appoint his own man going forward.

Long term the rebuild will be through the DOF so to start it off with a manager who prefers the 433 throughout his previous clubs is counterproductive.
He worked at RB NY, it's pretty much the weakest most pathetic of all their setups, all he did there was loan 2 english players then after less than a year he left. It's not quite the same as the Salzburg/Leipzig stuff sadly mate, (I wish it was!)

This is why we should have gone down last season.

He’s got absolutely no chance with the absolute dross he inherited, which nobody else wants. Plus all of the goals we had in the side, Richy, DCL and even Gylfi are all gone or injured.

At least in the championship he would have bought himself a bit of time to rebuild. But now we have people calling him out on his results, when he has Rondon as his only striking option and is financially hamstrung due to FFP.
I can't let that go, why would you want to spend the next lifetime listening to the Red S+its telling you how their Rafael sent you down - no thanks!!!

Yes, the squad is dire, but moving to the championship would not help with FFP, it would make it worse, as I would bet everything I have that Everton would not have relegation clauses in the player contracts so, in essence, we would move from a leaking ship to a ship that's already sunk.

I am all for creative ways for KT trying to instil a structure into the club and being shrewd on deals, trying to get the best deal for the club is admirable but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and start again - so the dross should be moved out on free if necessary) to rebalance salary liability - Allen, Gomes, Keane, Mina, Gabmin - that must be over a £1/2 a million a week in salaries. Imagine what we could do with that?

On Lampard, the goal yesterday proved we have a route to score, it's not pretty, it's not the football he wants to play but it's effective and more importantly, it gets results, we have some pace let's use that effectively. As to your point on time, well we can't bring in another manager, we have to give him the time as Arsenal did with Arteta. the problems at Everton are not going to be solved overnight, yes the board should go, ideally, we should get a new owner, but if or until that happens we have to work with what we have got.

The squads in one shape or another have seen off manager after manager, it’s high time people start realising that maybe, just maybe it isn’t the manager’s fault (for the most part).

Benitez and Koeman were the only ones who couldn’t/wouldn’t try anything to turn their form around, Silva and Martinez at least got a performance if not a result, Allardyce is Allardyce and Ancelotti bar the last 10 games of his reign got them playing above themselves at times
You’re right. The same players stink the place out every season.

But why was Frank bringing in players like Dele Ali when everyone could tell you he’s finished?

Some of the League 1 strikers we’re linked with is hilarious too by the way.

Like I keep saying. It’s not all Lampard’s fault of course. But what other Premier League club would take him? Fulham maybe, Forest? Cooper is a better coach.

I worry for us, on and off the pitch.

It’s understandable people are panicking a bit and wondering if we have the leadership to prevent another predicament as last season, or worse.

I think Everton have tried every connotation of leadership in the last six years apart from giving a manager time to reshape the team and it’s style. Let’s try that now as any new manager would be walking into a squad containing players of 7/8 other managers. There’s gonna be stalled progress and troughs in trying to fix that, it’s back the manager to get through the other side of it that we have to try.

To be fair Lampard enjoys far more fan unity than most of his predecessors so it’s worth a go. If Everton get relegated then doing it then so be it, we’re nothing more than Premier League zombies at best.

It’s understandable people are panicking a bit and wondering if we have the leadership to prevent another predicament as last season, or worse.

I think Everton have tried every connotation of leadership in the last six years apart from giving a manager time to reshape the team and it’s style. Let’s try that now as any new manager would be walking into a squad containing players of 7/8 other managers. There’s gonna be stalled progress and troughs in trying to fix that, it’s back the manager to get through the other side of it that we have to try.

To be fair Lampard enjoys far more fan unity than most of his predecessors so it’s worth a go. If Everton get relegated then doing it then so be it, we’re nothing more than Premier League zombies at best.

exactly we need time mate and stop this revolving door of managers

But chico. We could get back to mid table mediocrity with an experienced manager and that's more fun than this current run

The signs are that our fans will turn on a manager quickly, rather than point the finger at the board. There are still lots and lots of happy clappers.

You’re right. The same players stink the place out every season.

But why was Frank bringing in players like Dele Ali when everyone could tell you he’s finished?

Some of the League 1 strikers we’re linked with is hilarious too by the way.

Like I keep saying. It’s not all Lampard’s fault of course. But what other Premier League club would take him? Fulham maybe, Forest? Cooper is a better coach.

I worry for us, on and off the pitch.
He didn’t?

The judge us at the end of the window agreement could, should rebound in some fashion.

It won't

People will just say we need to support the team better and it's the wrong time to call for change or protest. And then it's the derby coming up straight away and they know people will be preoccupied by it.

The argument about the wrong timing is completely disingenuous as well. The people that say wouldn't support fans speaking up at any time, or in any circumstances - it's a convenient excuse.

The fact that no changes happened with the board proved to me for sure that are not getting any better any time soon. And I think it's inevitable we eventually go down unless Moshiri sells up.

I'm being hammered for negativity on here at the minute, but those are my honest thoughts. The murmurings are already starting with Lampard and it will make me sick if another manager takes the fall for this diabolical squad of players we have assembled and the lack of any sort of plan or strategy at board room and ownership level. If it happens, I might actually take a break from Everton.

The 3 performances so far have looked more joined up and spirited than anything I have seen from us in 18 months prior.

There's still at least 3 players to come in. I thought the team looked full of belief in themselves and showed great attitude to come back late on and then push for a winner.

We're getting there. The intense whining over Lampard and revisionist history of his managerial career on here is baffling. Some of you are living 4 games in the future where we lose them all... 'sake. It's just football lads, look forward to the match and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.