2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is Terrier even a striker?

He's scored the majority of his goals off the left wing and has played more games in that position than Centre Forward (well, last season at least). He's also coming from Ligue one which, let's be honest, isn't the premier league. Surely under normal circumstances you'd have him playing a rotation role until we see if he's good enough.

I would say Terrier is a replacement for Richarlison... who we haven't replaced, we are missing his work rate, threat and ability massively.

We dont just need a striker, we need to replace Richalison.

We are an absolute shambles at transfers I swear.

I would say Terrier is a replacement for Richarlison... who we haven't replaced, we are missing his work rate, threat and ability massively.

We dont just need a striker, we need to replace Richalison.

We are an absolute shambles at transfers I swear.

Yeah a striker alone isn’t going to cure anything. For me if Gordon is to go we need 4 players.

Gana
Striker
Richarlison and Gordon replacements. Ideally these 2 will be creative players that can play across the front 3.

Yeah a striker alone isn’t going to cure anything. For me if Gordon is to go we need 4 players.

Gana
Striker
Richarlison and Gordon replacements. Ideally these 2 will be creative players that can play across the front 3.

Ive been banging on about it for 2 seasons now, we have little creativity, last season we gutted any creative player we have - and left us with nothing.

Its even worse now the work rate of Richarlison has gone, his work rate alone created things we wouldn't normally create.

We absolutely need in, another midfielder, Richarlison replacement, another striker (preferably a decent one who will push DCL and probably play a lot of games this season) and someone else who is creative.

Not sure if thats a Gordon replacement or someone else - but its clear we are massively short upfront.

Our front three would struggle in the Championship.

We'll struggle to stay in the league with the front three we have.

That gives Lampard an even bigger mitigation than what we should already have, 3 games into the season.

I do worry for him though. All about results, and that front three aren't going to get him good ones.

When I'm watching Howe get a 3-3 draw against City and Marsch battering Chelsea with a Leeds team made up of championship/random foreigners/yank signings, I have to wonder if Frank has got enough in his locker even with more signings tbh. We REALLY need a strong end to the window imo otherwise I fear this could be the year.

When I'm watching Howe get a 3-3 draw against City and Marsch battering Chelsea with a Leeds team made up of championship/random foreigners/yank signings, I have to wonder if Frank has got enough in his locker even with more signings tbh. We REALLY need a strong end to the window imo otherwise I fear this could be the year.

I've already said myself if he gets the signings in he wants by the end of the window and after that we're still rubbish, maybe he's just not up to it.

Our front three would struggle in the Championship.

We'll struggle to stay in the league with the front three we have.

That gives Lampard an even bigger mitigation than what we should already have, 3 games into the season.

I do worry for him though. All about results, and that front three aren't going to get him good ones.
I don't get it though. Yes he has a loyalty to the board because they're the ones paying his salary. Yes it's very obvious that this front three is possibly the worst three that's ever been sported by a club in the top flight. Yes we all know that new players are desperately needed. So why can't he, for lack of a better word, just be frank about it instead of constantly skirting around the issue, making up lies (we didn't need a striker until DCL got injured which we could never have foreseen) to protect the board?

Look at so many other managers, Tuchel, Klopp, Conte, in fact most of them, they wouldn't be sat there week on week failing to address the elephant in the room, they'd be saying their hands are tied until a striker is brought in, not talking in riddles and refusing to give direct answers. He's done himself no favours whatsoever by covering for the board, imo.

I'd say he just comes across as a massive 'yes' man who is taking the hit for the club's inability or refusal to back him, which will ultimately be incredibly damaging to his career once he's ultimately sacked this season at some stage.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.