2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s more than the last manager got. Not really sure what sort of statement you are meant to give someone that you’ve just sacked. You aren’t exactly going to praise them for the fantastic job they did or they wouldn’t have been sacked.
That's definitely a valid point but maybe mention escaping relegation and what emotional experience it was but maybe I'm being over scrutinizing and then I'm also so used to this club over sentimentalizing things it elicited a weird reaction in me...

Really liked Frank, was desperately hoping he could succeed, but this is a club in a dour state and I don't really blame him for where we find ourselves. You can point to lineups and singular tactical errors but, in truth, we have been a clownshow of an organisation from the top down for the guts of a decade and are reaping the harvest of that mismanagement now. It's not Frank's fault we sold every goalscorer and goal creator over the last few years and replaced them with goal-allergic plodders. It really started to go downhill for us in that regard as soon as we sold Digne (thanks Benitez), and I don't think even the reincarnation of Prime Alex Ferguson could get a tune out of these jobbers

Lampard inherited a poor team. They were barely able to escape relegation last season.

Then, to balance the books, Everton sold their best player! That settled their fate.

Lampard was on a hiding to nothing. Everton must now accept relegation and rebuild the club and the team.

Does anyone want a Premier League stadium?

5E0064B6-1362-4700-883D-E01E54CB364F.jpeg

Still feel sorry for him. I know he's limited, but, like so many young players who've been through our club in the last 6 years, he's suffered from not having an infrastructure, support and system - and a club culture- that would allow him to focus on the first team.
For that reason I'm not confident any new manager will work. If it's someone who has to come in and change the squad around, then we're back to square 1 again - deadwood players, not what they're looking for, still players from the Koeman-Walsk / Brands-Silva ...ugh ugh sigh sigh sigh

Wonder if he is the one in the background messing up with the club by feeding information to the media...maybe he is a sore loser and all that gentleman facade was just that. Everybody thinks he is a decent guy...you don't make it in life by being decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.