2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 3 Strikers in the squad.

Which is vastly more than 90% of the teams in the League.
We have Rondon and Maupay...that's 0.5 of a striker combined + 0.5 of a striker in DCL because he isn;t that good apart from a flash in the pan season and he wont play many games anyway.

A proper CF is right at the top of our wish list. Dont tell me it's not because it is. And we all know it. And that is damning 6 games into the season.

We have Rondon and Maupay...that's 0.5 of a striker combined + 0.5 of a striker in Dominic Calvert-Lewin because he isn;t that good apart from a flash in the pan season and he wont play many games anyway.

A proper CF is right at the top of our wish list. Dont tell me it's not because it is. And we all know it. And that is damning 6 games into the season.
Dom is a great Striker.

As you say, the 6 games this season and the 20 odd games he missed last season only highlight that.

He scored 36 goals in his last 2 injury free seasons, hes an elite level Striker that will show it once he returns.

No one cares about bids. Getting a player signed was the order of the day. The will to get a proper spearhead for our attack was dropped the moment they got Maupay in...who is NEVER that type of attacker.

So, having made a complete and utter fool of yourself, over your agenda driven, hatred of Patterson, you’ve now moved onto your next target, Maupay ?

Hopefully, Maupay goes onto to make you look, just as much of a fool, as Patterson has done ;)

We are a bottom half of the table side at the present time, that will not change over night. Lampard and Thelwell knew that we were pitifully short in most parts of the team. They decided that centre back and centre midfield were our biggest problem and, with limited funds, made a fairly good job of improving the situation.

We have three centre forwards in the squad, I am aware, as will be all to obvious if you look at my posts, that Rondon is a very limited option, but, Maupay and DCL are more than good enough for us for now. I'm sure that a centre forward will be on the shopping list in the summer. We are not City,we can't go out and sign Haaland and for now what we have is what we have.

Dom is a great Striker.

As you say, the 6 games this season and the 20 odd games he missed last season only highlight that.

He scored 36 goals in his last 2 injury free seasons, hes an elite level Striker that will show it once he returns.
No. Just no.

Dave back to my post, chances created would not matter if it had not been for bad decisions we could perhaps have had at least one win under our belts.
Regardless of that supposition we all know that creating chances depends on good attacking movement by a recognised forward. We dont have that, so this is fundamentally a self inflicted wound rather than any external forces denying Everton points.

Thats weird then that every player ever purchased has been bought with a bid. Huh... Seems every club cares, but I guess every club is part of the "No one" you mention.
No, they were bought with a cash deal. Making bids - I am and others are well familiar with like the ghost bids of Bill Kenwright durting the Moyes era, for example - means nothing.

A bid is an inquiry (real or bogus) the other is a commitment.

Fat Sam's biggest issue was that he showed he was literally incapable of changing. He "got us" to safety with like 5 games to go and he had the opportunity to show he wasn't the world's most negative manager. He didn't change a thing. It's like Tony Pulis being asked to change. They do what they do pretty darn well but, asking them to change? Nope.
I agree completely. It's why I said he wasn't sacked because of results. It was a question of style. While Lampard has been accepted because Evertonians see something of themselves in his image, the opposite was true of Allardyce.

We are a bottom half of the table side at the present time, that will not change over night. Lampard and Thelwell knew that we were pitifully short in most parts of the team. They decided that centre back and centre midfield were our biggest problem and, with limited funds, made a fairly good job of improving the situation.

We have three centre forwards in the squad, I am aware, as will be all to obvious if you look at my posts, that Rondon is a very limited option, but, Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are more than good enough for us for now. I'm sure that a centre forward will be on the shopping list in the summer. We are not City,we can't go out and sign Haaland and for now what we have is what we have.
Maupay was good enough striker for Brighton finished comfortably above us.
Let’s face it we are aiming for mid table this season. We have squad that should grind that out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back