2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t touch the market in Jan to be honest and if at all possible.

Agree. How nice is it to look at our squad and see it doesn't need major surgery?? Solid defence, competent midfield and just another forward needed, which we have time to scout and get right. Who is this team I support ?

Never speak in absolutes, if we have a long term target available on a decent deal, fine. But the Jan market to my mind is often rank and marked with desperation and you are paying premiums in the main. I’d like to look at discerningly rather than desperately.

Though I think it could be hot enough and a different dynamic on the back of the World Cup.

Still be more than happy to hold tight until the summer market.
May be able to get a decent loan. Maybe a long term target on loan with option to buy from a team knocked out of Europe. Like Ajax for example.

One can dream?

Agree. How nice is it to look at our squad and see it doesn't need major surgery?? Solid defence, competent midfield and just another forward needed, which we have time to scout and get right. Who is this team I support ?
Extra bit of creativity in the squad would also be nice, just to give ourselves options

He's probably the best manager we have had since Moyes, not due to his ability, but due to his fit for the club. Ancelotti was quite clearly the best but there was still that detachment with him and the club.
I think he liked it here but he just “liked” it. A bit of a rocking-chair job for him. And the pieces that he brought in, James as fun as it was at the time was not who we were or are. It was a sniff of glamor but we will never be RM so why try.

Frank gets it and he wants to be here. We are building an identity. James would not fit in this side. We need more attacking flair but with James it’s like, don’t mess my hair up, ok? That wouldn’t fly.

I think he liked it here but he just “liked” it. A bit of a rocking-chair job for him. And the pieces that he brought in, James as fun as it was at the time was not who we were or are. It was a sniff of glamor but we will never be RM so why try.

Frank gets it and he wants to be here. We are building an identity. James would not fit in this side. We need more attacking flair but with James it’s like, don’t mess my hair up, ok? That wouldn’t fly.

Would love Jamo still here tbh. Prob couldn't afford him though.

He's probably the best manager we have had since Moyes, not due to his ability, but due to his fit for the club. Ancelotti was quite clearly the best but there was still that detachment with him and the club.
Frank is the perfect fit for the job and it feels like to me that he loves it here. I couldn’t imagine hiring anyone else besides Frank. It’s almost kind of scary to think about. The club finally got something right in hiring Frank Lampard to lead Everton Football Club.

James definitely wouldn’t fit in with this group. It would be interesting to an extent how he may respond to someone like Frank but the ship has sailed.

Not a criticism mate but i think it important we manage our expectations a bit. Hes doing well, all so far is hopeful, evidence of building and progression, we will all bite your hand off for that after last season. He has areas hes excellent at and others he needs to develop, club and us need to give him the time and space to develop those - always said leave him alone for 3 years regardless.

Truth is though, if we go on a run of 5 consecutive losses, people start shifting in their seats, thats the game he will know it better anyone so personally id keep the declarations on him fair and realistic, there will be inevitable lows and periods of bad form this season, - i think with perspective we can see hes a developing manager doing a lot well and improving the club situation, as we go on though expectations will get higher and he will have to rise to it - thats just the game and often familiarity breeds contempt, i dont necessarily believe in that myself, but they are the margins of engagement for any manager.

The real test for us as fans comes when he looses 3 or 4 on the trot.

Wouldn’t touch the market in Jan to be honest and if at all possible.
Depends on where we're looking at the time mate for me and who is available.

The lad at Shaktar and Kudos, both would likely be buyable for the right price due to where they're at - both selling clubs.

If we are sat in a position where we are in or around the European spots, then I'd hope we go for it. Way too mdny times in the past we let the chsnce slip psst us in similar positions.

We can complain all we want, but we cannot overhaul the squad in one or two windows.

We've been crying out for a midfield and better CBs for years, and we finally did something about it this last window

We will eventually get attacking players in, but honestly, we simply had to do something about the spine of the team in the summer or we'd be in a relegation dogfight again.

Thankfully, new management prioritised that part of the team, rather than the shiny toys of attacking talent.

Thing is mate, we have overhauled the squad in two windows.

Starting 11 the other day, only Pickford, Gray, Iwobi, Coleman where here in December last year.

Iwobi has basically been completely reinvented in terms if his position, Gray only arrived 13/14 months ago, Coleman only playing due to injury to another player whose arrived within the last two windows.

Depends on where we're looking at the time mate for me and who is available.

The lad at Shaktar and Kudos, both would likely be buyable for the right price due to where they're at - both selling clubs.

If we are sat in a position where we are in or around the European spots, then I'd hope we go for it. Way too mdny times in the past we let the chsnce slip psst us in similar positions.

Im open minded mate, no point in talking in absolutes, but im more then happy to go with what we have until the end of the season, im more excited about this team blending and players developing then i am by the prospect of another addition, as i say id like to discern rather then be desperate, id be looking at how DCL fitness works out between then and now, overall im not a big fan of deals in Jan - when you look at what we did last Jan in Dele, DVB and El Gahzi overall it was massive waste of resources.

Im open minded mate, no point in talking in absolutes, but im more then happy to go with what we have until the end of the season, im more excited about this team blending and players developing then i am by the prospect of another addition, as i say id like to discern rather then be desperate, id be looking at how Dominic Calvert-Lewin fitness works out between then and now, overall im not a big fan of deals in Jan - when you look at what we did last Jan in Dele, DVB and El Gahzi overall it was massive waste of resources.
Go back to Moyes time though which I'd say is the nearest fit for the recruitment we've seen.

We did occasionally pick up a very good player in January, not often we used the Jan with him but did so well several times.

This season is about development though more than anything, players, style of play etc

Status
Not open for further replies.