2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean play him in a position he played in his entire career badly before Lampard moved him? Yes, I would change formation. Or do I need to go into the vaults and find you slating Iwobi whenever he played in said position you'd move him to?

He played poorly for Everton before Lampard got hold of him no doubt. He didn’t play poorly for Arsenal.

If you’d change the whole formation rather than play Iwobi outwide for a couple of games to cover an injury then we clearly disagree.

He played poorly for Everton before Lampard got hold of him no doubt. He didn’t play poorly for Arsenal.

If you’d change the whole formation rather than play Iwobi outwide for a couple of games to cover an injury then we clearly disagree.
He played as LW for arsenal. Wasn't great, but wasn't awful. A bit meh for their expectations though. And I'm sure he said he wanted to be more central when with arsenal.

We signed him and initially played him RW. So no wonder he played poorly. Lampard has unleashed him in the centre and given him the freedom to be more creative by putting Gana and Onana beside him.

He 100% shouldn't be moved from the Centre now though. He is a key part of the midfield.

I'd rather put Vinagre higher up the pitch as a winger. (According to transfermarkt he has played more times at LM than LBas well)

Last edited:

And ?

There's difference between accepting a manager and embrassing yourself with corny statements like "he gets us" "he's one of us" "he loves us and will never leave us".

You're embrassing yourself when his brand of politics has made the lives of many in and around this city miserable.

I like him as manager but thats as far as it goes.
Wouldn't you be better off discussing politics in the current affairs forum?

He played as LW for arsenal. Wasn't great, but wasn't awful. A bit meh for their expectations though. And I'm sure he said he wanted to be more central when with arsenal.

We signed him and initially played him RW. So no wonder he played poorly. Lampard has unleashed him in the centre and given him the freedom to be more creative by putting Gana and Onana beside him.

I don’t think it’s particularly a position issue with Iwobi. Lampard played him at RWB a few times last season and he still looked a completely different player than he did before.

It’s just workrate. He just wasn’t running before Lampard got here. He wasn’t always starting either and when he came on he looked disinterested. Lampard has made him a key player but his success has been based on the fact he’s now our hardest worker and doesn’t stop all game. I’m convinced you could put him any position now and he’d still look good. It’s a complete change in attitude and application.

I'm certain he doesn't, he's not a British citizen so can't vote mate ?
I bet he voted El Conservativo Partio if that was an option

Anyway, Frank is doing an excellent job
I think we all would’ve taken mid-table with a rebuild and some deadwood out the door and it looks like they’re delivering us a huge rebuild, almost all the deadwood gone and at least midtable the way we’re playing.
It’s the spirit and togetherness in the squad though which is really impressive me, Frank has completely changed the culture of us bottling matches and added strong figures like Coady, Tarkowski, Gana and Onana who have turned us into a completely different club.

Keep it up super Frank and his team!

And ?

There's difference between accepting a manager and embrassing yourself with corny statements like "he gets us" "he's one of us" "he loves us and will never leave us".

You're embrassing yourself when his brand of politics has made the lives of many in and around this city miserable.

I'll raise you .......with this RS abomination

1664907561971.webp

And ?

So we should only employ labour voters?

bit sectarian.

Two minutes ago you mentioned you weren’t left wing?
Im not Left Wing mate I dont care as such about his political affiliation in terms of his role as manager.

I like Lampard but I dont love him, I dont put blue love hearts on posts about him, I dont say he's "one of us" when he's a Tory from the South.

If you want to simp over him thats your choice but I have principles and so should anyone who's from the City.
I can’t keep up.

Im not Left Wing mate I dont care as such about his political affiliation in terms of his role as manager.

I like Lampard but I dont love him, I dont put blue love hearts on posts about him, I dont say he's "one of us" when he's a Tory from the South.

If you want to simp over him thats your choice but I have principles and so should anyone who's from the City.
Can he not have different political views when it has nothing whatsoever to do with how he manages the team and relates to the fans? I've heard him comment on the cost of living for fans and how difficult it is to travel to support the team etc. Doesn't sound very Silver Spooned Tory to me being considerate of the working class. Perhaps there are examples where he has aligned with Tory values but so what!? He's not a fascist putting up camps in his spare time is he?
What business is it of yours who he votes for if/when he does?
Vote for who you want, canvas too, help in an election campaign for a candidate of your choice, one that aligns with your 'principles' if you can, but judge FL on the merits of how he is doing this job, and judge him on his politics if he ever runs for office.
You're really grasping at straws dragging this rubbish up, it says more about you than him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back