2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly so we can’t play the way you want until we do, Iwobi, Doucoure and Onana do a lot of driving runs, Gana is a good pocket picker, Garner can pick a pass and Davies is Davies. We can’t play all six but at present our best option is the 3 that played tonight
I agree but you can't put them out with 5 behind them and expect they'll compete. Play a back four with McNeil in a normal spot and see what happens. You don't even really need to have more possession just compete more.

You're asking us to open up and leave gaps so that we can try and get more out of mediocre forward players.

You do know other teams have good players who are able to use space to their advantage?

These teams have players far more likely to put the ball in the net than our players. Why would we want to give them more clear opportunities to score?
I do know that. Are you aware that you can't win the match without scoring? That's a big problem at present.

I gotta stop this, I just think the balance tonight was way way off. And we haven't even got to what happened once we went behind.

2 defeats against 2 teams that will probably fight for top 4 and trophies this season.

Still toothless up top.

Another tough game mid week, the acid test will be next Saturday for me, against a really poor Palace side, anything less than 3 points and, well, I dunno.
Palace are probably better than us, but I'll gladly change that opinion if we turn up.

2 defeats against 2 teams that will probably fight for top 4 and trophies this season.

Still toothless up top.

Another tough game mid week, the acid test will be next Saturday for me, against a really poor Palace side, anything less than 3 points and, well, I dunno.
That one will be my first game of the season so apologies in advance for bringing my usual bad luck. I feel like my record has been terrible in the last few years lol

I agree but you can't put them out with 5 behind them and expect they'll compete. Play a back four with McNeil in a normal spot and see what happens. You don't even really need to have more possession just compete more.
We do play a back 4, we have since the Brentford game when Holgate went off

Night folks
images.jpeg

Look guys whether you believe in Frank long term or not (seems most everyone does) today was bad from him and if you're denying that you're a little too blue tinted glasses on this one. Plenty of teams have put better efforts in against Spurs than that. It was a little too loserball for me. Never trying from the start to win it.

Spot on. It was like a cup match where the lower league team try to shut up shop against the top team. It was pathetic and he simply had no answer when they scored. Throwing 2 lumps up front and shoving Iwobi at wing back is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.