2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'll say on this point is look at the very short list of teams who have conceded fewer.

Part of it is down to Pickford, but for the most part it's a much better drilled defense.
We’ve conceded less than most haven’t we?

Never mind, some people just like to use stock phrases and words regardless of the facts of the matter.

Shambles, clown and fraud are my pet hates.

All I'll say on this point is look at the very short list of teams who have conceded fewer.

Part of it is down to Pickford, but for the most part it's a much better drilled defense.
Whilst we are not scoring much we just need to watch how many we concede that was the point I was trying to make. I agree the defence is much better drilled but things are still very last ditch at times, as I mentioned in my original post I think that's because the ball still comes through midfield to easily at times. I'm certainly not complaining in regards to JT/Coady, they have been our 2 best signings for a long while.

We had younger last season yet not half as good so in itself it is an improvement.
Midfield is better than last season
Attack is same gash as last season
That in my eyes is an improvement.................but then again everyone barring yourself knows what to expect and accept this season.

You are unrealistic in your expectations which translates to 'You are talking wham'

No I just hold higher standards than, he isn't RB/ isn't as bad. That translates to you lot need to get a grip

We had younger last season yet not half as good so in itself it is an improvement.
Midfield is better than last season
Attack is same gash as last season
That in my eyes is an improvement.................but then again everyone barring yourself knows what to expect and accept this season.

You are unrealistic in your expectations which translates to 'You are talking wham'

No I just hold higher standards than, he isn't RB/ isn't as bad. That translates to you lot need to get a grip

He has had nine months in the job.

The first four months we’re saving us from relegation. The new signings weren’t complete until the end of the window. He has had two months with the current complete squad after a very challenging window. It is way way too early to pass any judgements on him.

You are fooling yourself if you think changing the manager now would benefit us as a club. It would be catastrophic on the players and for our reputation.

9 mths and he has 1 of the worst percentage of any efc manager. Letting him continue to stagnate is the only catastrophe here

Both v Utd, one v Spurs, one v Newcastle are all as a result of individual mistakes.

Newcastle? Thought that was an absolute screamer from not even a chance.

I’m not disputing we haven’t conceded a couple of soft goals, but name me a team that hasn’t. Absolutely ridiculous to say we concede “far too many” easy goals, unless you believe every goal should be prevented and every game should finish 0-0.

Newcastle? Thought that was an absolute screamer from not even a chance.

I’m not disputing we haven’t conceded a couple of soft goals, but name me a team that hasn’t. Absolutely ridiculous to say we concede “far too many” easy goals, unless you believe every goal should be prevented and every game should finish 0-0.

Onana literally starts walking with the ball and gets dispossessed. They get ball up and shoot. Goal.

That's four out of 13 I think. Nearly a quarter that could and should have been prevented.

Onana literally starts walking with the ball and gets dispossessed. They get ball up and shoot. Goal.

That's four out of 13 I think. Nearly a quarter that could and should have been prevented.
Every goal can be prevented, every goal for every team will have a lapse of concentration, someone slow to react, mistiming or not seeing a run.

Put it this way, every time we were under siege last year I always feared we’d concede; this year not a chance. Even against Fulham, for all their “attempts” I never thought they’d score

It’s like night and day

We may be a bit hit and miss going forward, it's a work in progress but let's be honest we don't score the type of goals we got against palace, last season or any time we didn't have James. So there definitely is improvement but it's not fixing overnight and our wingers aren't the best at making the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.