2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d like to think that they had a plan, a manager standing by who could come in. Someone they’ve sounded out who has in turn sounded out his back room staff. We might have a caretaker manager for the FA Cup and the new man in the day after.

But in reality everything they do is a knee jerk reaction to some bedsheets with no thought to the consequences.

Alot of this mess is not Lampards fault, and I find it hard to put too much blame on him. However, so many times during games we have all seen things aren't working, changes to formation or personnel need to be changed, and he waits and waits, and we concede one or two then he acts. We have had glaring issues at tes this season and rather than deal with it he waits. We can make 5 subs now, why wait? Whats the benefit when things aren't working, why is he so reactive instead of proactive.

The fact he's not gone yet tells you that once again, our club's hierarchy have been taken completely by surprise. They'd have been completely justified taking him out following the back-to-back Bournemouth debacles, but at the very least they should have been putting all of their options on the table in case we had to make a quick decision once the season got back underway. But no, now that his position is clearly untenable, he'll probably still get the United game, he'll get sacked after that, a caretaker will get the Southampton game and by then we'll have almost no time at all to get a new manager in and provide him with players that he actually wants.

Which of course, is exactly what happened one year ago. You just couldn't make it up.

Frank has spent very little over the last year compared to his peers and he inherited a side that had won just one match in 13.

Even Allardyce would struggle to keep this set of players in this division. It’s not that they don’t try and don’t want to do well; it’s that they’re simply not good enough. Having said that, some did seem to stop giving their all once the abuse from the fans became particularly intense.

Either way these next few games are probably the most important in our club’s illustrious top-flight history.

Of course, Lampard is not entirely to blame, but he is part of the problem. He does not yet have enough competence or experience to lead a club like Everton. As I said, a very good manager usually performs above what is expected, and at the very least manages to instill a style of play after a certain time. As a rule, it reflects the pedagogy that takes place in the training field.

It is his responsibility, and no one else's! His responsibility is to get the team to win football games, at least the games that are expected, so that we end up roughly where we are expected to end up. For me, it is that we should not be involved in any relegation battle, and preferably end up around 12-13-14 position. So I don't expect us to set the world on fire. I also expect that we have a fairly clear playing style, and that we are a team that shows high morale. He has achieved none of this.
I’ll give you a like for use of pedagogy ??

Re the rest, anyone looking at this squad and thinking it should finish 12,13,14th, given the years of decline in the playing squad and financial position, strength of the options compared to others in the league - is living in fantasy land. Wasn’t realistic objectively. Most other fans I know that aren’t Everton fans think our squad is terrible, wouldn’t have any of our midfielders/forwards starting g anywhere near their teams.

Frank has spent very little over the last year compared to his peers and he inherited a side that had won just one match in 13.

Even Allardyce would struggle to keep this set of players in this division. It’s not that they don’t try and don’t want to do well; it’s that they’re simply not good enough. Having said that, some did seem to stop giving their all once the abuse from the fans became particularly intense.

Either way these next few games are probably the most important in our club’s illustrious top-flight history.
You seem to blame the fans a lot tbh

Sounded like the board who took the stick yesterday

Yeah, I completely understand anyone wanting him gone. Really don't know where I stand, I can't help but feel we're doomed either way but as you say a couple of good results on the bounce changes everything.

I like Lampard, and I hope he turns things around, but even with this poor squad it's very hard to defend him.

3 wins in 18.
Lost 19 out of 36.

How can it be an over-reaction?
Because we're 16th with a worse attack than last season, and 16th is where we finished last season.

Relegation battles are like a basketball game. There's the back and forth scoring for most of the game, which is relatively meaningless. Then things get serious in the last 5mins relative to the score.

It depends on what you think the teams around us will produce in the next 20 games?

Because we're 16th with a worse attack than last season, and 16th is where we finished last season.

Relegation battles are like a basketball game. There's the back and forth scoring for most of the game, which is relatively meaningless. Then things get serious in the last 5mins relative to the score.

It depends on what you think the teams around us will produce in the next 20 games?
Might get an indication of that with tonight's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.