Match Thread Fulham v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mykolenko was incredible today. He’s had stick for not being the most attacking but to be fair to the lad he never lets anyone past him.

Coleman and Patterson struggled on the opposite side today but in part that was due to Gordon offering nothing going forward and not bothering to put a shift in defensively.

McNeil needs to come in for Gordon next week. Maybe even Maupay or Garner for Gray too.

…I could understand the shouts for Maupay if he was having an impact on games, he has to earn a place.

Lower half mediocrity is the aim after last season’s debacle.

It’ll take stabilisation and time to get back competing in the top 10 again.
Thats it is more about the team to not loose today, this season is just about building the team up staying out of the pressure of the drop and look to kick on

…I could understand the shouts for Maupay if he was having an impact on games, he has to earn a place.
I don’t disagree mate but he will put a shift in and either Gordon can’t or won’t do that. Gordon does a bit of defensive running and he’s blowing out his backside.

He’s either not properly fit for a modern day pro or doesn’t have the physical engine to play at this speed week in week out at the minute.

He was on his way out on loan to the championship last year until we had no other option and frankly his form lately shows why that was the case

Played for a point in 2nd half ! So solid defensively ! And they didn’t have any chances like dcl’s one in the first half ! He really should have scored there ! Mykelenko is brilliant 1 on 1 ! Get an unbeaten run going and we’ll kick on and be more adventurous away from home and playing with confidence !

I don’t disagree mate but he will put a shift in and either Gordon can’t or won’t do that. Gordon does a bit of defensive running and he’s blowing out his backside.

He’s either not properly fit for a modern day pro or doesn’t have the physical engine to play at this speed week in week out at the minute.

He was on his way out on loan to the championship last year until we had no other option and frankly his form lately shows why that was the case

…..you suggesting Maupay plays in a wide position to support his FB defensively? He’s surely not an option for Gordon, if he plays it would have to be as a 2nd striker. Because he runs around lots doesn’t mean he’s effective.

He has 60 minutes in him, 70 at a push, and then he's blowing chunks. Needs to work on a few elements of his game stamina being one. I don't even see the potential of a 60-70m player in there.
He was very poor and disinterested today.

Status
Not open for further replies.