Fully Back New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will support any manager who does his best to win every game we play and strives to improve the quality of football at every opportunity he has.

Currently the new manager has to ensure safety from relegation, but from next season he should be showing a team that is capable of qualifying for Europe. Within 3 seasons he should be making us regulars in Europe and challenging CL positions.

Come back when he has achieved this to see what we need to keep me backing him.

The historical rewriting by certain posters is getting into hysel airbrush territory.

Benitez was backed and supported by the majority of Everton fans, after the owner ignored our wishes and ploughed ahead with what has been probably the worst managerial appointment in our history.

Some fans just couldn't get behind him, and I respect their position, but I support Everton and therefore the manager, whoever he is, gets my support until such time as he is no longer deserving of it.

He got the backing from many, myself included, against our better judgements, on the caveat that he had to get results ( as does any football manager if we're honest).

I also know everything wrong with the club wasnt Benitez fault, but the things he actually could affect and control - tactics, performances on the pitch and results - just haven't been acceptable, for a very long time.

We haven't seen anything like the results he needed to stay in the job and to retain the support, and to blame the supporters for getting him sacked is shameful.

He got himself sacked with the baffling tactics, shocking use of the squad and subs and the terrible results that have us firmly entangled in a relegation battle.

He wasn't good enough - he was never good enough - let's not pretend he was.
nail on the head here.
I backed him because I don't want any Everton manager to fail... I want us to win every game and if that means Benitez, Koeman, Allardyce or any other manager, whether I personally like them or not taking the credit then fine - as long as we are successful.
It always felt like this was doomed to fail and this whole thing has been one massive, predicable, expensive waste of time but as soon as Benitez signed that contract I gave him the same chance I've given any manager and in my eyes, winning the fans over and keeping his job was solely down to him and he failed.
Like you say, was wasn't good enough, he never was good enough and that taking away his ties to that lot. He will go down as Everton's worst manager for some time (and given recent history - that is some achievement)

nail on the head here.
I backed him because I don't want any Everton manager to fail... I want us to win every game and if that means Benitez, Koeman, Allardyce or any other manager, whether I personally like them or not taking the credit then fine - as long as we are successful.
It always felt like this was doomed to fail and this whole thing has been one massive, predicable, expensive waste of time but as soon as Benitez signed that contract I gave him the same chance I've given any manager and in my eyes, winning the fans over and keeping his job was solely down to him and he failed.
Like you say, was wasn't good enough, he never was good enough and that taking away his ties to that lot. He will go down as Everton's worst manager for some time (and given recent history - that is some achievement)
I'm just praying that my Grandkids can still be saying this in fifty years time ;)

Other club fans will be saying to their own more excitable fans now: "Pipe down. You're making us look like Everton".

And they'd have every legitimate right to describe entitlement from fans of a mediocre club that way too.
Well isn't that what your hero Kenwright said other clubs do? "They said they ask themselves 'what would Everton do in this situation?'"

This is ridiculous. Do you really think you can spin a story of acceptance from supporters?

Some did give him a chance, but most didn't.

At least drop the baloney story of him having an even playing field to play on.
Good.
He didn't deserve to be given a chance.
God this wumming is so easy

Please stop blaming the fans for our manager having no football knowledge
Find people blaming the fans absolutely bizarre.

When your manager is clueless, and your board then look to try and replace him with another proven failure who they sacked 5 years ago, why wouldn’t the fans be going mad? The last 6 months we’ve been a laughing stock and that looks set to continue. I can only assume for most it’s a wind up, and that our team getting relegated is fine as long as they get to take the piss along the way.

Well isn't that what your hero Kenwright said other clubs do? "They said they ask themselves 'what would Everton do in this situation?'"
I'm all for slagging off Dave and Kenwright but can we please put this quote to bed. This quote is clearly about how Everton handled the super league fiasco and the covid situation and using it as some stick to beat Kenwright with as if he's an imbecile who thinks Everton are the peak of on-field performance in the Premier League is just ridiculous.

There's plenty of actual daft things Kenwright has done, we don't need to misrepresent this quote about something that we actually should be proud of.

No way I will back Martinez. He is a football moron. Back him once is more than enough. The most depressing period of supporting the club was under his reign. I will not want to see myself go through the same pain all over again.

If we don’t back the new manager then we will likely be relegated and have a reputation for being a difficult crowd.

…..we’ll get relegated if we have a poor appointment who continues the slide. The fans respond to performance, still not exactly sure what ‘getting behind a manager’ means. Seems a bit of a nothing statement.

A new manager could take three seasons to build a top squad. I just don't see Everton fans giving anyone that length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.