Fully Back New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard it all

• Club appoints past it Kopite
  • Past it Kopite (astonishingly) gets a decent reception and support at start of reign
  • Past it Kopite relatively quickly (and predictably) proves himself not up to the task
  • Crowd turns on past it Kopite as club plunges towards relegation battle on worst run of form in modern history.
  • Club sacks past it Kopite long past point where any other manager in the league would have been gone
  • IT'S ALL THE NASTY FANS' FAULT!!!! ALL HAIL OUR FALLEN KOPITE HERO!!
It’s actual madness
There were protests before he was appointed saying we don’t want him - has to be acceptable

He was appointed and got a lukewarm reception first match - not booed, about as good as can be expected

We had a decent run and suddenly people were saying ‘maybe he’ll do ok? Would be funny if a kopite turned us around to be fair’ - also no bad crowd behaviour because the team were performing

We then went on the worst run I think we’ve been on in my 33 years following Everton and I’ve seen relegation dog fights where we survived on the final day of the season twice - surprise surprise, the evertonians hounded their awful underperforming manager out and because he is also a kopite we were extra passionate about it

What outcome did you want from benitez being Everton manager? We were losing games. That is the number one metric of a manager's performance. Even taking your argument that the players downed tools and the fans never gave him a chance, what would the outcome have been? Relegation? Would you have accepted that if it meant all of the players ended up leaving the club?
I'd have accepted PL survival and then a cull this summer.

From you, yes.

His reception at Goodison for his first match was really good, given who the man was.
This is ridiculous. Do you really think you can spin a story of acceptance from supporters?

Some did give him a chance, but most didn't.

At least drop the baloney story of him having an even playing field to play on.

Like just by probability of numbers we have to get a person to get success soon

I'd have accepted PL survival and then a cull this summer.
Me too, although we would/will struggle to move some players out of the club in the summer. Hard to see Rondon, Iwobi, Keane, Gbamin or Gomes finding a new home unless we buy out their contract which won't help us for FFP. Holgate, Allan, Mina could be sold.

Tosun, Siggi and Delph leaving isn't much of cull seeing as they haven't played, hopefully their wages can be put to better use.

The situation with Benitez was toxic and it was clear he didn't have any solutions. The trajectory was relegation. He had to go, hopefully the next manager will keep us up.

I wouldn’t back Martinez for one second, he’s already failed.
Quite happy to back pretty much any other manager.
Coleman would be one of the 1st to go under Martinez. He scored 7 goals in his 1st season under him. He hasn’t been in the box 7 times this season never mind score 7 goals so I think there would be some immediate changes to structure and personnel. The only managers that have shown any type of structure and coaching in their play since Moyes are Martinez and Silva. Both were suspect defensive but they set teams up to play football. I couldn’t see a method with the other managers if I’m been honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.