Fully Back New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run of form was impacted by the lack of support from the fans which transmitted itself to lazy arse players staying in the treatment room and / or tanking games.

How on earth can you divorce these things as though they exist in separate worlds?
Just answer the question. Name one.

….I never understand the phrase ‘back the manager’. Posters keep saying it but nobody defines what that means.
Apparently because people weren't chanting Benitez' name when he was hired, he wasn't backed and it was only the team that was backed.

He wasn't booed until results turned utterly dreadful.

I'd say that was him being backed initially given the circumstances.

Heard it all

• Club appoints past it Kopite
  • Past it Kopite (astonishingly) gets a decent reception and support at start of reign
  • Past it Kopite relatively quickly (and predictably) proves himself not up to the task
  • Crowd turns on past it Kopite as club plunges towards relegation battle on worst run of form in modern history.
  • Club sacks past it Kopite long past point where any other manager in the league would have been gone
  • IT'S ALL THE NASTY FANS' FAULT!!!! ALL HAIL OUR FALLEN KOPITE HERO!!

Apparently because people weren't chanting Benitez' name when he was hired, he wasn't backed and it was only the team that was backed.

He wasn't booed until results turned utterly dreadful.

I'd say that was him being backed initially given the circumstances.
Really, it's insane what the fanbase tolerated without a full-scale protest against him ever happening.

He was given more than a fair chance.

Name a single manager (of an even vaguely comparably sized club) in the league who would have survived that run of form.
He will totally ignore that question as it totally and unquestionably ruins his whole argument. Or just come out with some meaningless flim flam.

And here it is below in all of its glory lollollollollol comedy Dave at his finest.

The run of form was impacted by the lack of support from the fans which transmitted itself to lazy arse players staying in the treatment room and / or tanking games.

How on earth can you divorce these things as though they exist in separate worlds?

Who is this magical candidate?
I can't give an exact name because i don't know the answer. I do know a few names who will be divisive & not all will get behind. Those names are pretty much everyone we have been realistically linked with who haven't already distanced themselves from the job. We need new fresh names. Why just this one obvious pot of managers to pick from?

Other club fans will be saying to their own more excitable fans now: "Pipe down. You're making us look like Everton".

And they'd have every legitimate right to describe entitlement from fans of a mediocre club that way too.
What outcome did you want from benitez being Everton manager? We were losing games. That is the number one metric of a manager's performance. Even taking your argument that the players downed tools and the fans never gave him a chance, what would the outcome have been? Relegation? Would you have accepted that if it meant all of the players ended up leaving the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.