Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
garethbarry.png

I think the Gareth Barry seaosn-long loan deal speculation is credible enough to warrant it's own thread.

Please keep all Gareth Barry updates within this thread.

UPDATE: Richard Keys has tweeted Garry Barry to Everton is a DONE DEAL

Get on you with your fancy threads

Would be a good signing no question about it

Need more options in midfield, Gibson will defo get another injury before the seasons out

Great addition to the team, adds a midfielder that is very solid defensively (leaving Fellaini to do his thing if he stays that is).

Better than what we have currently (assuming we're no longer counting Felli)

Never a big fan with loan signings though, especially when it's never going to be a long term solution.

What the first few games of the season have shown is that without Gibson, we're not very good at passing the ball effectively from deep - I think that's one of Barry's strengths.

Whatever our contribution is to his 120K week wages are, I'd rather we saved for a younger 'fellaini' style signing of own.

I doubt we'll ever spend £15m any time soon though.

Be a good signing as without Gibson we look lost. Even when Gibson is fit how long will he stay fit?

Just need another striker and then to replace anyone we sell.

A proven, reliable and experienced player who fills a need and will cost very little. An upgrade on Hitz and Nev from last season and an improvement on Osman. Here's hoping the deal does go through.

It's an ok signing. Can't get that image of him desperately trying and failing to get back in the 4-1 defeat to Germany out of my head tho! Guess if he doesn't venture forward and just sits in front of the back four, that won't happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back