Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this is massively what Roberto was referring to regularly over the last few weeks when talking about bringing in the right character fit.
He's a leader. He's experienced. He's dependable.
In no way an exciting transfer but there isn't a single doubt in my mind that he'll massively improve our performances and results.

I find it hard to believe we are paying his wages in full and haven't seen a reliable source stating otherwise so I'll stay in the bubble of disbelief ta.
A CM pairing of either Gibson or Barry alongside McCarthy is nicely balanced on paper.

Very heartened to read how highly the City fans rate him. Liked this one comment;

'He's like internet security on your computer. You think he's doing feck all until he's not there, and then everything turns to ****'

Very heartened to read how highly the City fans rate him. Liked this one comment;

'He's like internet security on your computer. You think he's doing feck all until he's not there, and then everything turns to ****'

When you're own fans are disappointed to see you go, you know you've got a good signing on your hands. I'm looking forward to seeing him play week in week out, I hope he has a few years in the tank and we sign him if he does well.

"both McCarthy and Barry completed more passes per 90 minutes last season than any Everton player (51 and 59 respectively compared to Darron Gibson's 46.4)."

"It's fantastic business," said Barry, who explained the tense end to Everton's window at his unveiling on Tuesday. "I was sitting at home at about 7pm and then I got a call telling me to get in the car and come over because the deal was close. Then I got a call to say the deal wasn't done so I couldn't drive into the training ground. I didn't want to look like Peter Odemwingie last year! You learn from watching things like that so I drove around to waste time and eventually stopped for a coffee.

"Then I got the call to say it was agreed and I could come in. I was sat here finalising things when, all of a sudden, James McCarthy walks through the door. We were both watching the television and it was great news when they said Lukaku had been done as well, though obviously he was not here as he's away with Belgium. You want to be joining a team that's improving rather than going in the opposite direction and Everton have definitely strengthened. Obviously there are some fantastic teams out there who have spent a lot of money but there is no reason, when you look at this squad, why Everton cannot compete for fourth."

"It's fantastic business," said Barry, who explained the tense end to Everton's window at his unveiling on Tuesday. "I was sitting at home at about 7pm and then I got a call telling me to get in the car and come over because the deal was close. Then I got a call to say the deal wasn't done so I couldn't drive into the training ground. I didn't want to look like Peter Odemwingie last year! You learn from watching things like that so I drove around to waste time and eventually stopped for a coffee.

"Then I got the call to say it was agreed and I could come in. I was sat here finalising things when, all of a sudden, James McCarthy walks through the door. We were both watching the television and it was great news when they said Lukaku had been done as well, though obviously he was not here as he's away with Belgium. You want to be joining a team that's improving rather than going in the opposite direction and Everton have definitely strengthened. Obviously there are some fantastic teams out there who have spent a lot of money but there is no reason, when you look at this squad, why Everton cannot compete for fourth."

Is f***ing right Barry lad. Bit of optimism never killed anybody.

The new 'Neville'.

To be honest, he's a one paced defensive midfielder coming to the end of his career and unwanted by his current club.

Also a player who has been pilloried for his England appearances just as Neville was. A totally uninspiring signing.

He's dog turd.

Utterly unimaginative waste of around £30k a week (hopefully it's no more than that). We've had weeks to source a younger, more dynamic central midfielder - even on loan - across Europe and if he's the best use of the available money we can find it's a depressing indictment of our new scouting system. Osman ran rings around him at Goodison last year.

A Sam Allardyce signing.

He's not a good player, my word.

He enjoyed a couple of good years with Aston Villa which prompted Man City to splash a load of money on him. Was alright to start with and just got worse and worse. He can't use his right foot whatsoever and is slow in possession.

He is not a good player whatsoever and the only benefit of this is simply having another "body" in the squad. Play him regularly and we'll be going nowhere, which funnily enough is symbolic of him on the pitch.

Worst transfer window in living memory.

creaks open latch*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back