Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
there cant have been a loan fee then surely? We must have got him for free last season...then if it worked out we kind of back dated the loan fee normally associated?

Not bothered anyway, when he didnt play last year we missed him. £2.5M for any player should be chicken feed to a prem club thats just been given £85M just from TV...with another £85M to come this year too!

The £2.5m clause in the loan contract clearly had to be there for us to be allowed to loan him last season - so if we end up with Baz for £2.5m = HAPPY DAYS!

"Yeah but he's a free and we're paying for him" - Yes, but without the agreement to pay this fee we wouldn't have loaned him last season and wouldn't have a sniff of signing him now.

*Still good business!

*If true

I'm not 100% set on this £2.5 million. Personally I think something was decided in January, I think we went in to ask City about a permanent transfer something was put in place then, perhaps that £2.5mil was to give us the permission to chat to him before he became a free agent. I doubt City would had put this clause in when he loan contract started last summer. Everton would had never said "Yeah sure, we'll pay you a loan fee, we'll also pay his wages, and if we want to purchase him next season when he's released, we'll give you £2.5mil".

The £2.5m clause in the loan contract clearly had to be there for us to be allowed to loan him last season - so if we end up with Baz for £2.5m = HAPPY DAYS!

"Yeah but he's a free and we're paying for him" - Yes, but without the agreement to pay this fee we wouldn't have loaned him last season and wouldn't have a sniff of signing him now.

*Still good business!

Only we could negotiate that paying 2.5 million for a player who is on a free contract! - Hope he does not do a sahah and forget how to play now if he is on a good earner!

*If true

@GregOK: Believe reports Barry will sign today or tomorrow are wide of mark. Talks still ongoing but he hasn't made up his mind yet on next step #EFC

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back