Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF, the funniest thing about all this is that normally, a paper prints something good about everton 'Must be bollix'. Paper prints something bad about everton 'Meltdown'

The firs time we believe a good thing thats printed (by the Mirror no less) it turns out to be bollix

When it's not the transfer window he just goes around breaking into people's sheds, and hides in the garden so he can see their faces when they realize.

Why are people attacking Greg O'Keefe, he's only telling us what he's being told and the local media are more likely to have a clue what's happening than the nationals.

The main talking point should be why is Barry stalling? Unless he's received an offer from a club in Champions League, we're by far his best option. If he jibs us off and goes to someone like West Ham just for a bit extra money then that'll unfortunately tarnish him in my eyes. Let's hope not and he signs.

I'm not 100% set on this £2.5 million. Personally I think something was decided in January, I think we went in to ask City about a permanent transfer something was put in place then, perhaps that £2.5mil was to give us the permission to chat to him before he became a free agent. I doubt City would had put this clause in when he loan contract started last summer. Everton would had never said "Yeah sure, we'll pay you a loan fee, we'll also pay his wages, and if we want to purchase him next season when he's released, we'll give you £2.5mil".

Yes, but we only paid a percentage of his wages though. Look at the timing of the deal, transfer deadline day in the final hour. City would have said pay his wages in full or pay half on the condition that if you sign him after his contract expires with us you pay us the balance or the set figure of 2.5 million.

City were not desperate to get rid, but we were desperate to sign him so we would have agreed to the terms due to it being last minute.

I was surprised to see so many claim it was inevitable/pending.

Personally, I always doubted he'd sign.

Last contract, he'll be looking for a lucrative one. Certainly one with a decent signing on fee.

We'd need to pay £2.5m to Man City, plus a good wedge signing on fee, plus a good salary.

That considered, not surprisingly really he hasn't made his mind up yet. We either pay a lot, or he waits to see first (perhaps even until after World Cup) to see if someone else will.

O'Keefe is the Buzz Killington of the Twitter world

Buzz_Killington.jpg

Gareth tweeted a pic of himself on a running machine last week saying "preseason starts next week, my 17th" or something like that, I reckon he knows where he will be. I still think this is about dodging the reported fee, my guess is that the club don't want it to look like a deal was in place before July 1st to avoid legal issues with City.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back