Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
barry.png

He's so regal. He should be made King of England.

It takes way too long. If he does not want to join Everton then just let the manager knows. Then Bobby can move on to other targets.

It takes way too long. If he does not want to join Everton then just let the manager knows. Then Bobby can move on to other targets.

For us to still be interested makes me think he's given roberto a reason to think he wants to come here. Like Rom - if we are still interested then one would think its because the encouragement is there from the player.

Personally I don't think Barry will be able to repeat his performances for us next season. I think we should look for a more creative physical player who can score goals and provide dominance with Barkley and McCarthy and give us an edge.

Iirc Frank Lampard is linked with New York City FC which is the same Man city franchise that Barry is meant to be considering. They have already signed David Villa.

I know they all play different roles but not sure it would make financial sense for them buying 3 aging players with high wages - don't mls clubs have a team salary cap?

Wonder if the delay is NYC seeing if they can sign Lampard with Barry a backup and similarly we are Barry's backup if he doesn't get the mls gig.

Personally I don't think Barry will be able to repeat his performances for us next season. I think we should look for a more creative physical player who can score goals and provide dominance with Barkley and McCarthy and give us an edge.

There's a fair chance you're right imo, and he was caught out a few times for pace last season, and we may just as well push on and develop our squad for the medium/long term, perhaps improve his position.
He was good last year, without a doubt, and I wouldn't mind him signing on (and he may well just be waiting until tomorrow with the deal being agreed), but I don't think we should be putting all our plans on hold for the lid, like we seemed to do with Moyes and his contract for six months.

Never mind what Roberto thinks, Barry may well not see himself as a perfect fit with Everton, if he did I am sure it would have signed, sealed and delivered by now. I just have this sneakingb feeling he fancies the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back