Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just the perfect example of football fans of one team not rating players of other teams. Defensive midfielders always seem to get the worst of it, as do highly rated young players.

Barry's like Micheal Carrick, because they don't do the spectatular things people think they're crap, but they're actually very vital to having a good team cause they do the unoticed dirty work allowing other players to look good. Its not until most people actually see them every game that they notice it.

Im gonna need a link personally.

I always thought he would be a decent signing, thought he could do a great job for us, maybe I said that in 2010 or whenever the RS were looking at him for 18m, which I thought was a vastly inflated price.

You posted it in 2009, so maybe the vaults have been harsh on you.

We should "positive vault" more and show the people who got things right. Positive reinforcement. It's almost Christmas FFS!

Where's the fun in that??

Utterly unimaginative waste of around £30k a week (hopefully it's no more than that). We've had weeks to source a younger, more dynamic central midfielder - even on loan - across Europe and if he's the best use of the available money we can find it's a depressing indictment of our new scouting system. Osman ran rings around him at Goodison last year.

A Sam Allardyce signing.

He's dog turd.

He's not a good player, my word.

He enjoyed a couple of good years with Aston Villa which prompted Man City to splash a load of money on him. Was alright to start with and just got worse and worse. He can't use his right foot whatsoever and is slow in possession.

He is not a good player whatsoever and the only benefit of this is simply having another "body" in the squad. Play him regularly and we'll be going nowhere, which funnily enough is symbolic of him on the pitch.

Why are we going for Barry when Barton is available?

Younger, Cheaper & will give us more.

Worst transfer window in living memory.

Old, overweight, and slow.

Seen boats turn faster than Barry.

Cannot believe you lot think

this guy will help us. In no way is he better than Leon Osman.

Be arsed with Barry.

Not for me tbh

i hated barry at villa,he is soo ****e,id rather keep osman were he is.

Disheartening news to say the least

Gareth Barry?
bryanno2dffnv.gif

Another few jems.

TBF I think barry has been far better than most of us would have imagined. He seems to be one of them players that alot of people don't really see what he's doing unless he's playing for your team then you really appreciate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back