Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was selling Alonso for 14m to Juve that made it funny. No disrespect to Gareth but Alonso's 10x the player.

Nah, disagree.

Alonso has got a better range of passing but he's no great shakes at reading the game from a defensive perspective.

G B is positionally quite perfect.

Nah, disagree.

Alonso has got a better range of passing but he's no great shakes at reading the game from a defensive perspective.

G B is positionally quite perfect.

Alonso's one of the most highly decorated players in the history of the game, rightly so.

As good as Gareth is he's nowhere near him.

Alonso's one of the most highly decorated players in the history of the game, rightly so.

As good as Gareth is he's nowhere near him.

He's highly decorated because of his passing Ability, not be because he has no equal.

I just disagree that Alonso is 10x the player, your either overrating Alonso or underrating Barry.

He is better, and I know who I would rather have, but as mad as Benitez was - he obviously saw some method in letting Alonso go with a view to buying Barry.

He's highly decorated because of his passing Ability, not be because he has no equal.

I just disagree that Alonso is 10x the player, your either overrating Alonso or underrating Barry.

He is better, and I know who I would rather have, but as mad as Benitez was - he obviously saw some method in letting Alonso go with a view to buying Barry.

I obviously rate the ability to pass the ball as well as him a lot higher.

Barry is a very good player. He's not going to trouble the England squad for the World Cup (thankfully) but he's a solid and dependable player, and one of the key reasons City won the league.

With all due respect, I don't feel you can compare Barry and Alonso as their jobs are somewhat different in the team.

They would make a fine sitting partnership in a 4-3-3, albeit somewhat lacking mobility these days.

Barry is a very good player. He's not going to trouble the England squad for the World Cup (thankfully) but he's a solid and dependable player, and one of the key reasons City won the league.

With all due respect, I don't feel you can compare Barry and Alonso as their jobs are somewhat different in the team.

They would make a fine sitting partnership in a 4-3-3, albeit somewhat lacking mobility these days.

Agree with this. Alonso has much more technical ability. I just think Barry's mental attributes are truly top class. If I needed someone to just sit in, read the game, make interceptions, use the ball correctly then I don't think there are too many better in the PL than Barry and Carrick. I can't remember who the sh!te played alongside him... Wasn't it a destroyer type like Sissoko? Which again would lend itself to the idea that Alonso isn't the greatest defensively.

A good CDM is an expensive thing. Real paid boatloads for Alonso. You'd balk at what United paid for Carrick. Barry cost a fortune for City. Sandro cost Tottenhoam their left arm.

We got Gibson for 500k. We got Barry for free. We got McCarthy for £13m but as we all now he's already worth £50m.

“Everton fans don’t just come to watch the football. They are there for Everton, the club. They really believe in the history of the club. It's drilled through their families, through the years, about Everton. When I see them they say: ‘You’d better be signing next season!’ Every time! My answer is the same every time: ‘Hopefully! Hopefully!’ That’s a genuine answer.
Read all about it here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eam-of-England-recall-for-2014-World-Cup.html

“Everton fans don’t just come to watch the football. They are there for Everton, the club. They really believe in the history of the club. It's drilled through their families, through the years, about Everton. When I see them they say: ‘You’d better be signing next season!’ Every time! My answer is the same every time: ‘Hopefully! Hopefully!’ That’s a genuine answer.
Read all about it here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eam-of-England-recall-for-2014-World-Cup.html

He's a proper Everton player.

Read all about it here.

Excellent. He'll be here next season, no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back