Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's crap.

Its not criminal that he starts over Besic, its criminal that he starts over Besic ALL THE TIME.

Long in the tooth now.

Should have flogged him before the season started.

The amount of times he gets caught dallying on the ball is a joke a la spurs last season... was a good player but it's obvious he's finished now... He is targeted by the opposition in every game now

Every time I see this post rise to the top I am hoping he has picked up an injury

Gareth Barry cannot start in our midfield anymore. Every game we accommodate him even more than the one before. James McCarthy is too busy chasing the playing Barry should be picking up he then leaves gaps.

The balance isn't right, he's done a brilliant job especially the first season arguably our most consistent performer, but not anymore. He's now a liability. One who gives free kicks away in the wrong position at the wrong time, all the time. Why not give Besic a start? He was arguably our most consistent player during his run in the team last season, when the whole team was utter [Poor language removed]. Does anybody else think Martinez defers to senior players? Because that's the only reason I can see why Gareth Barry is still starting in our first XI.

It's by far the most worrying aspect for me at the moment. There's a time and a place for him to play, but every league game? It's going to cost us massively if that's the case.

Lads?

Hahaha

Well done today in every way. Stayed in his area of the pitch and protected the defence really well. Not sure what his recovery time is but he lasted the 90 pretty well today.

Absolutely top performance today , even including the Naismith hat-trick was really close to MOM for me .

That's the kind of performance that makes defending his selection easy .

Was excellent in the game today.

Not only can some of our other midfielders learn from him tactically they should make sure they follow the same exercises - for one of the oldest players on the pitch his reliablity re muscle injuries is amazing especially as he is often the player who covers the most amount of ground.

He's quite serviceable when he gets significant rest. He had a couple good ones to start the season and good ones after a long layoff. Its just that he needs to start about 2/3 of the matches not all of them.
The opponent makes quite a bit of difference as well - young, energetic midfielders who press him constantly and give him no time on the ball cause him far more problems.

Horses for courses this was his course today and he nailed it
Always struggled against fast energetic midfielders though so that's the games he shouldn't play in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back