Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

General Euros chatter

Spain are the best team in the world right now and deserve to win the tournament.
They are certainly the best watch by a distance. Only the Germans have truly rattled them.

But, even so, they've still got to perform in the final. All still to play for.

I am not English, England is a foreign country to me, I care not a jot if they win or lose unless they are playing either of the Ireland teams. I watched last nights match favouring the Netherlands as I thought they would provide a better spectacle than the English. Having watched the game England deserve to be in the final and I hope they play the same way as they did in the first half of last nights game and provide us all with a some good entertainment.
Spain apart this has been a woeful tournament, last night we watched one team who had won two out of five playing a team won had won two out of five in a semi final. The reason this tournament is so poor is that too many teams qualify for the finals, teams who qualify have no chance of winning and look on success as being third in your group. They don’t play to win because they are so poor. Bring it back to 16 teams, four groups of four with first and second going through to a straight knockout. While that tournament is going on run a second level tournament for the 16 next best teams in a different location and stagger the games so they don’t clash. That way you get better games, less games for each player, more teams competing and you spread the venues and benefits wider.
I’ll take questions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back