General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone create a thread with bullet points on what happened. I'm lost. Something about a song from the prodigy. I don't know.

It wasn't.

In fact, it was mostly positive.

Promising, if not as much as we would have liked, steps on the stadium. I don't know why people were expecting grand designs to be unveiled.

Bill confirmed that the stadium is going to cost £500m. Liverpool Council to fund 2/3rds with EFC repaying that debt at a cheaper premium, making LCC money and saving Everton money.

Some of Moshiri's and Bill's quotes were wishy washy. Walsh didn't come across well and the worry is that Bill is still heavily involved in transfer dealings. Walsh dealt with the Tosun deal.

Some are slating Sam for 'lowering expectations'. He did nothing of the like, imo.

Oh, and something about 'voodoo' :)
some people on here cant wait to criticise anything Everton related,

It wasn't.

In fact, it was mostly positive.

Promising, if not as much as we would have liked, steps on the stadium. I don't know why people were expecting grand designs to be unveiled.

Bill confirmed that the stadium is going to cost £500m. Liverpool Council to fund 2/3rds with EFC repaying that debt at a cheaper premium, making LCC money and saving Everton money.

Some of Moshiri's and Bill's quotes were wishy washy. Walsh didn't come across well and the worry is that Bill is still heavily involved in transfer dealings. Walsh dealt with the Tosun deal.

Some are slating Sam for 'lowering expectations'. He did nothing of the like, imo.

Oh, and something about 'voodoo' :)

No one with any sense thought designs would be confirmed tonight. It's actually sad seeing a previously quality poster in such a sorry state nowadays.

I actually thought what we heard, and I mean the important relevant stuff, was actually not too bad.

Moshiri admitted we'd been crap. Better than BK who would have said staying up was a great achievement.

BK admitted we were looking at 500m for the build. This isn't a crisis of spiralling costs, it's actually reassuring that we aren't building on the cheap. You get what you deserve only spending 300m.

And I've no issues with calling out modern young players as snakes when they behave like snakes.

He spoke well I thought, but it's all irrelevant if he doesn't up his game. We need delivery and it's time to prove me and all the other doubters wrong.

How do people know the voodoo story isnt genuine? For all we know his mum very well might have told Rom this and he said this during a discussion.

I’d say there’s at least a chance of it being true. We have about 10 international breaks’ worth of evidence to show what a whopper his dad is.

Still wasn’t a good idea to bring that up in public. Everyone looks foolish.

The thing with this "voodoo" comment, if Lukaku LITERALLY did claim to have got a voodoo message from his mother, then what Moshiri said is totally justifiable and I have no problem with him saying that at all, and as those beliefs are prevalent in many parts of Africa then I'm thinking its probably true. BUT, if Moshiri just randomly came out with that comment, then yeah, he could be facing some serious questions!

Walsh, our Director of Football, subscribes to the "Lukaku didn't matter we still would have finished seventh" club

It's scary to think that our director of football thinks if we took Lukaku's goals from last season we still would have finished 7th. Idiot

Hi lads, if you have a go at someone from Chorley, then, by inference, you're having a go at me.
So, here's some pesky facts for you :-

Lukaku 2016/17 season, 25 league goals :-

Date Goals Result Change in points without Rom's goals
12 Sept 3 goals Sunderland 0 Everton 3. 2
17 Sept 1 goal Everton 3 Boro 1 0
30 Sept 1 goal Everton 1 Palace 1 1
15 Oct 1 goal City 1 Everton 1 1
30 Oct 1 goal Everton 2 W Ham 0 0
10 Dec 2 goals Watford 3 Everton 2 0
26 Dec 1 goal Leicester 0 Everton 2 0
2 Jan 1 goal Everton 3 Soton 0 0
15 Jan 1 goal Everton 4 City 0 0
4 Feb 4 goals Everton 6 B'moth 3 3
25 Feb 1 goal Everton 2 S'land 0 0
5 Mar 1 goal Spurs 3 Everton 2 0
11 Mar 1 goal Everton 3 WBA 0 0
18 Mar 2 goals Everton 4 Hull 0 0
9 Apr 2 goals Everton 4 Leicester 2 2
15 Apr 1 goal Everton 3 Burnley 1 0
21 May 1 goal Arsenal 3 Everton 1 0

Now, plainly neither of you are very good at maths, so I'll do the adding up for you.
If, as Walsh says, you strip out Lukaku's goals, we would have ended up with nine less points than we did.

if you look at the table from last season you'll see that we finish seventh, on 61 points, and Soton finished eighth on 46 points.
Again, because you ain't too good at the maths, I'll help you out ... 61-46 is 15, and 15 is more than 9

So, if Rom hadn't scored any goals last season, we'd still have finished seventh

Here's one final score for you

Chorley boys 1 Internet lads who can't do maths 0

At this point, some people would say that Walsh isn't the idiot, but the lads on the internet are. Not me though, I'm far too polite to say such a thing.

:coffee:

Last edited:
For what it's worth, which is absolutely nothing because it's just my opinion ... When they were talking about the money from the council I came away thinking it was much the same as the previously announced arrangement ( barring the amount ) so I'm a bit surprised to read stuff on here to the contrary.

I may have missed something tonight, but I can't see the council directly signing off a loan to the club. If they end up being anything apart from a conduit between a lender ( or consortium ) and the club, then I'll be very surprised.
Says an awful lot that a fundamental point like that is a matter of confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back