General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost a lot of respect for him tonight. Anyone of any standing knows that they should control what they say as a minimum. Moshiri seems to be yet another overly romantic loose cannon. Some of those comments are unbelievable.
That's exactly what he's proving to be. Everton's Sam Hammam.

The thing with this "voodoo" comment, if Lukaku LITERALLY did claim to have got a voodoo message from his mother, then what Moshiri said is totally justifiable and I have no problem with him saying that at all, and as those beliefs are prevalent in many parts of Africa then I'm thinking its probably true. BUT, if Moshiri just randomly came out with that comment, then yeah, he could be facing some serious questions!

When you read it in its full context it sounds like he's telling something that genuinely happened and not an of the cuff remark

Interesting what he said about Barkley too, something about he'll sign an extension if we let his friend Stones leave then we couldn't find his agent for 6 months, snakes the lot of them

Two thirds is coming through the SPV, I agree on the remainder it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out our contribution will be debt. The specifics of that of course need to be scrutinized, you know my approach to the vital ness of a new ground.

Wasn’t personally offended by anything he said to be honest, he is not a silly man, maybe a smart man pretending to be silly.
It doesn't fit the bill from what was said previously about the SPV. LCC were very clear about distancing themselves from all notions the investment would come via them. This statement tonight puts them very much at the centre of funding.

And even if it all is a misunderstanding over description we need to add the important word "hope", because it's the one they used in relation to the two-thirds investment and there's nothing agreed on that.

What I understood

£9m spent on land and provisional planning/testing
SPV for £300m still being facilitated by the council
Further £150m estimated to be raised by EFC (although BK mentioned £200m)
Initial planning was tied into Commonwealth games but that's now gone (I heard elsewhere there was some government funding potential through sportEngland or something if the bid was successful)
Stones was up front and asked for a transfer
Rom and Barkley snaked their way out of the club
Koeman lost his way
Meis was focussed on potentialCommonwealth games requirements, but can now focus on football stadium only
Mosh likes the spotlight and says things he shouldn't
Elstone is a puppet, and will say whatever he's told to (an empty suit)
Bill is still pulling the strings (as a chairman should)
Sam has lowered our expectations but will 'overachieve' to stay in place for 18months
Summary - were still being run like a gentleman's club and every agent is taking the p*ss.

Says an awful lot that a fundamental point like that is a matter of confusion.

It wasn't in the hall, at least it wasn't to anyone I was talking to.

To be honest, I wish the club would stream these things, or at least record them and put them up on the OS, because things get said by the press which aren't always 100% correct, and if they put what happened up on the web site, then those ( very few ) people who could actually be arsed watching it, rather than relying on second hand info, could make a much more informed decision on what was said.

Comms is still poor from the club, though I've just watched Mosh's video on the OS ... which is a step in the right direction, and something I'd like to see more of. The OS should be the first port of call for the directors and the largest shareholder to tell us what's happening and what they're thinking.

All he’s done tonight is muddy the waters over the stadium.

I was very confident a couple of months ago with this SPV because I knew LCC just needed to act as the guarantor

Now, holy smokes, this now sounds like LCC will have a controlling stake, which is worrying from both parties

Needs clarifying soon, because there’ll be a lot of pestered councillors tomorrow morning. And that means a lot of in-house fighting at LCC towers

I hate each and every one of these idiots representing us. Never has such a bunch of incompetent chancers sat at the head of a historically prestigious football club like ours. We need to get rid of them all to restore some belief and pride back. Anyone thinking that the council are handing over 300 million are off their heads.

I hear ya, bro...;)

It doesn't fit the bill from what was said previously about the SPV. LCC were very clear about distancing themselves from all notions the investment would come via them. This statement tonight puts them very much at the centre of funding.

And even if it all is a misunderstanding over description we need to add the important word "hope", because it's the one they used in relation to the two-thirds investment and there's nothing agreed on that.

I don’t think so mate nothing has changed they are guaranteeing two thirds of the cost, the other Everton are on the hook for independently is my anaylsis. Seems like the costs have escalated or our ambitions for the stadium have increased.

I don’t disagree Elstone is always pessimistic in these occasions, thankfully some significant ,milestones have been agreed. I would suggest they are in negotiations with lenders and he doesn’t want to come across to cocky to the rank and file to create bad spirit in the negotiations.

The ground is the game changer, the debt to me is irrelevant. The ground is a license to to grow the buisness and print money for the next 100 years, certainly over a thirty year time frame.

Last edited:

Hi lads, if you have a go at someone from Chorley, then, by inference, you're having a go at me.
So, here's some pesky facts for you :-

Lukaku 2016/17 season, 25 league goals :-

Date Goals Result Change in points without Rom's goals
12 Sept 3 goals Sunderland 0 Everton 3. 2
17 Sept 1 goal Everton 3 Boro 1 0
30 Sept 1 goal Everton 1 Palace 1 1
15 Oct 1 goal City 1 Everton 1 1
30 Oct 1 goal Everton 2 W Ham 0 0
10 Dec 2 goals Watford 3 Everton 2 0
26 Dec 1 goal Leicester 0 Everton 2 0
2 Jan 1 goal Everton 3 Soton 0 0
15 Jan 1 goal Everton 4 City 0 0
4 Feb 4 goals Everton 6 B'moth 3 3
25 Feb 1 goal Everton 2 S'land 0 0
5 Mar 1 goal Spurs 3 Everton 2 0
11 Mar 1 goal Everton 3 WBA 0 0
18 Mar 2 goals Everton 4 Hull 0 0
9 Apr 2 goals Everton 4 Leicester 2 2
15 Apr 1 goal Everton 3 Burnley 1 0
21 May 1 goal Arsenal 3 Everton 1 0

Now, plainly neither of you are very good at maths, so I'll do the adding up for you.
If, as Walsh says, you strip out Lukaku's goals, we would have ended up with nine less points than we did.

if you look at the table from last season you'll see that we finish seventh, on 61 points, and Soton finished eighth on 46 points.
Again, because you ain't too good at the maths, I'll help you out ... 61-46 is 15, and 15 is more than 9

So, if Rom hadn't scored any goals last season, we'd still have finished seventh

Here's one final score for you

Chorley boys 1 Internet lads who can't do maths 0

At this point, some people would say that Walsh isn't the idiot, but the lads on the internet are. Not me though, I'm far too polite to say such a thing.

:coffee:
Ok mate was more coming from the angle of with Lukaku up front the team plays differently to when he doesn't (this season). We played further up the pitch and had more opposition players occupied on him.

You think if we play Calvert-Lewin every game last season we would finish 7th. No chance

It wasn't.

In fact, it was mostly positive.

Promising, if not as much as we would have liked, steps on the stadium. I don't know why people were expecting grand designs to be unveiled.

Bill confirmed that the stadium is going to cost £500m. Liverpool Council to fund 2/3rds with EFC repaying that debt at a cheaper premium, making LCC money and saving Everton money.

Some of Moshiri's and Bill's quotes were wishy washy. Walsh didn't come across well and the worry is that Bill is still heavily involved in transfer dealings. Walsh dealt with the Tosun deal.

Some are slating Sam for 'lowering expectations'. He did nothing of the like, imo.

Oh, and something about 'voodoo' :)

I can live with this - is it true Mosh apologised for dropping the ball on manager appointments?

Hi lads, if you have a go at someone from Chorley, then, by inference, you're having a go at me.

Now, plainly neither of you are very good at maths, so I'll do the adding up for you.
If, as Walsh says, you strip out Lukaku's goals, we would have ended up with nine less points than we did.

if you look at the table from last season you'll see that we finish seventh, on 61 points, and Soton finished eighth on 46 points.
Again, because you ain't too good at the maths, I'll help you out ... 61-46 is 15, and 15 is more than 9

So, if Rom hadn't scored any goals last season, we'd still have finished seventh

At this point, some people would say that Walsh isn't the idiot, but the lads on the internet are. Not me though, I'm far too polite to say such a thing.

Haha .....Just laughing at the Chorley bit !! They make cakes !!;)

Also didn't know he was from Chorley. What were we thinking?

Ok mate was more coming from the angle of with Lukaku up front the team plays differently to when he doesn't (this season). We played further up the pitch and had more opposition players occupied on him.

You think if we play Calvert-Lewin every game last season we would finish 7th. No chance

Yes mate I think we would have, because 8th place last season had 46 points and even this carcrash season we'll get above that total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back